Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: efilive on tablet pc?

Ive been running win8 for a while.

I skip the metro interface its crap. Check out classicshell on sourceforge.

No problems flashing here on x64 Win8
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by ringram View Post
    Ive been running win8 for a while.

I skip the metro interface its crap. Check out classicshell on sourceforge.
    It's funny isn't it, that is what everyone wants to do.
    I do understand that the metro thing would work ok on a tablet, but it sure sucks on a desktop PC.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Win 8 is going to be great to standardize everything across desktops/laptops, tablets, and phones. That said, my work laptop has Win 8 x64 RP (havent upgraded to RTM yet, too busy with other stuff) and with a touchscreen, I can see why Microsoft went this way. For everything without a touchscreen, Im not a fan. Ive tried ClassicShell, not a fan. Look at Stardock's solution, seems to be the best out there so far. Not perfect, but usable enough.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I fully believe that laptops are on their last leg, with Android , Apple, and now Win8 plus the likes of Asus Padfone, really only thing keeping laptops alive is Winders, get Bill and Steve out of their old beliefs and the laptops will finally perish.
    Can't EFILive be made into a App?
    As for Winders8 and Metro, what is that. (being facetious)
    Only Winders users are left wanting something different, "It's new but I want the old", never stops.
    Last edited by Chevy366; October 25th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    I fully believe that laptops are on their last leg
    Really? Just because these new gadgets are cool for playing Angery birds on (misspelt on purpose so the forum didn't add the emoticon) doesn't mean the old laptop is on the way out. It doesn't make sense to me, people buy the biggest screen they can find for a desktop computer and for mobile they want the smallest possible and expect to work with the same efficiency.

Android , Apple, and now Win8 plus the likes of Asus Padfone, really only thing keeping laptops alive in Winders, get Bill and Steve out of their old beliefs and the laptops will finally perish.
    I think that list might extend a little further than those two.

Can't EFILive be made into a App?
    Sure, modifying a virtual VE table or spark map on a 2" x 3" screen sounds great.
    But, please explain why this would be a good idea, really, think about how you tune on a laptop with a real keyboard and a touchpad (or better a mouse) then translate that to how you use an iPad. But then, I am pretty much anti everything that comes out of Cupertino.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Really? Just because these new gadgets are cool for playing Angery birds on (misspelt on purpose so the forum didn't add the emoticon) doesn't mean the old laptop is on the way out. It doesn't make sense to me, people buy the biggest screen they can find for a desktop computer and for mobile they want the smallest possible and expect to work with the same efficiency.

I think that list might extend a little further than those two.

Sure, modifying a virtual VE table or spark map on a 2" x 3" screen sounds great.
    But, please explain why this would be a good idea, really, think about how you tune on a laptop with a real keyboard and a touchpad (or better a mouse) then translate that to how you use an iPad. But then, I am pretty much anti everything that comes out of Cupertino.
    You don't get it, there may be a niche where a large screen is needed granted, but with the Cloud and other storage avenues there is getting more of a less of a need (does that make sense?) for a device that contains a large storage area, thus large screens are disappearing.
    You seem to think you need a large screen to accomplish tasks, perhaps you do, but not all of us.
    A tablet is 7 to 10 inches and areas that can be zoomed for magnification, I use a 14 inch laptop all the time for tuning, works well, and besides a phone, tablet can be hooked up to a monitor, TV via the HDMI/USB port that can be used as a very large display and has mouse and keyboard support too.
    With my phone I can hook up to my TV and see it in a 65" of 105" with my projector, or 21" monitor.
    A 7 or 10 inch tablet is good enough to log with and do a few adjustments in the field, and then if you need bigger, dongle it to a larger source.

I fully believe that EFILive could be made to use touch based input as well as gestures (no not that gesture, middle finger doesn't count) for tasks. I know logging is possible already on phones, devices have multipurpose micro USB ports (charging and data communication).
    EFILive is your product I will use it it in what ever fashion you present it in, but a version for tablets would be nice.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Default efilive on tablet pc?

To throw my 2 cents out there on this, tablets should not ever replace laptops with people who do anything more than buy stuff online. Not with any of the current interface I've seen. And I wouldn't trust cloud computing with anything halfway remotely secure.

But, if something were to be developed for the smart phone/tablet I really wish it was the ability to use them as an autocal. I think more people would be interested in getting a tune if there was just an app and a cable to buy. It would seem like the cost could be a lot less and have almost zero overhead expenses but who knows how hard it would be to simulate the CANbus on an iPhone.

All that said, Linux rules...
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

ya i could see a tablet for loging or dash board ( my race car) but for actual tuning no
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

You don't get it,
    Apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    To throw my 2 cents out there on this, tablets should not ever replace laptops with people who do anything more than buy stuff online.
    He does

But Chevy366, as EFILive does run in Win8 ok, why not try it on a Win8 based tablet?

Some dyno shops use a large 42+" flat screen TV connected to their PC/laptop...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast