We'll I finally got myself into trying the AutoTune feature of EFI Live. Followed the tutorial and everything is working great! Much in part to the new Autronic WB that we just bought for the dyno. Anyway.........

I am trying to tune a 98' C5 A4 car that we installed a mild cam ( 222/226) and LT headers. Intake tract is stock. This is my first A4 tune that I have done as it seems like 95% of the cars I see are sticks. I thought this would be a good opportunity to apply the autotuning as well as learn the ins and outs of working an A4.

Tonight I did a few cycles on the dyno for part throttle and idle VE tuning. The problem I am having is getting the car to start and idle smoothly. I raised the values in the 4307 desired air flow and also raised the desired idle up 150 rpms from stock. This helped but I was wondering what kind of range the values should be before I am to far off. Once the cars idle stabilized it idles decent but if I give it some throttle and release it will bounce for a bit before stabilizing. Sometimes to the point of stalling. Will the desired IAC park setting being increased keep the throttle blade cracked open more when the throttle is closed?

I have read as much as I can on this site but could use a basic overview of the methods to get the idle setup. From what I have read some of the steps got a bit over my head so I am trying to get a grip from the start.

The auto makes it a bit involved and I'm sure there are some unique steps that must be needed. I don't feel that cam is that big at all so all the error will be in the operator!

When should the IAC effective area be touched if at all? Can some of the idle hunting be controled with some timing advance? Typically some spark can help makeup for the overlap at low speed.... I did notice that the motor was idling with 12-14 degrees of timing.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Howard