Thread: Egr cel

Default Egr cel

Hi,

I am new with EFI Live just got my Flashscan V2 been doing some reading around here and some small testing before jumping into the deep end. I pulled the stock tune out of my truck (01 silverado 5.3l) I saved (2) copies of the stock file and made a small change; I disabled EGR under the EGR tab.

There is nothing wrong with my EGR valve I just wanted to start with something with little effect and emissions I do not care for anyways. So i diabled the EGR valve, I keep getting a EGR low circuit code (cant remember code number off hand). There are no other parameters to change any threshold settings for EGR. Is there another way around it? Im looking to make this full speed density and put a turbo on here down the road and EGR will be eliminated by then completely and would still not like to have a CEL.

Thank You Guys. If there is a sticky somewhere and I missed it i am sorry i did search this topic last night.

Did you physically remove the EGR valve...?

No, EGR valve is still intact and plugged in. I have not tampered with anything. I just wanted to get use to the software and seeing EGR's are commonly deleted in modifying cars I just disabled it. But since i disabled it I still get a code for the Low Circuit. This has me puzzled. Later when i pull the heads and cam I will delete the EGR permanently, for right now im just starting to get the hang of EFI Live and want to know a few things before doing anything crazy with the truck in the future.

In C6001 find the DTC that you're getting and set it to Not-Reported

disclaimer: offroad use only.

In the Search box, enter C6001 (with the uppercase C) and click Search.

[ uppercase = goes directly to that table; lowercase = finds next instance of reference to that table ]

Joecar, much appreciated. I knew of the search feature but i didnt know about the upper and lower case difference or the fact that there was a difference. Im going to shut it off tomorrow after work and get at this again. Thank You!