Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CSP5 - Cummins Switchable tuning - it's HERE!

If you view the link Cindy put in (the web version), just above the 'October 2012' orage text is a blue button "Join Email List"
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Cindy,

I see in the newsletter that the new update will lock the ecm to keep unwanted copying but will it lock the ecm if someone was to return the stock tune in the ecm?

Or is it going to be like Smarty and lock the stock file so no one can read it and if you wanted to tune a truck you must go the the depot and pull a stock file that way.
    06 QCLB, DRW
    Single pump
    Single turbo
    EFILive 772hp 1398tq

gordon@innovativediesel.com

Default CSP5 - Cummins Switchable tuning - it's HERE!

What was 'broke' with the way it's setup now? Tuner/user has the discretion of locking if so they choose.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Actually the auto lock was implemented due to the fact we are now writing data to areas of the ECM that cannot be read back out (Cummins restriction), so any attempt to read a CSP5 tune would give an incomplete (unusable) file anyway. Rather than try to handle this situation through support we just lock the ECM. But remember on Cummins locking only stops them being read, you can still flash a tune over the top of a locked CSP5 ECM. Also, we would always be recommending you convert the tune you read from the truck to CPS5, so you should always be able to revert back.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default CSP5 - Cummins Switchable tuning - it's HERE!

So will the edge insight CTS eventually be able to switch the tunes like on certain years of the Duramax?

Lifetime Member

I'd like to think that there would be a number of Gauge/monitor companies that would be interested in working with us again, as for Edge, who knows we would welcome that discussion, however now they have an agreement with Smarty so there would be a number of considerations to be made.

Cheers
    Cindy

Default Re: CSP5 - Cummins Switchable tuning - it's HERE!

One thing these companies need realize is that efilive is not their competition. Efilive is a very intricate tuning/logging software. Their real competition is the thousands of tuners out there who just happen to get really good with the tools provide by Efilive. All these box tuner manufacturers get sour because of Efilive quick oncoming success. To me Cindy, Ross, Paul and the rest of the crew all you have done is give us what we ask for without having to be apart of the secret bff circle j€rk. Everything has always been hush hush with mystery numbers. Your customer support is second to none and although I'm anxiously waiting for SCI support, I am looking forward to the enhanced logging software. This will help me better tune customer trucks. Thanks for everything.

I'm sure this isn't as desirable as the CSP5 but do you guys have a CSP2 or is that going to be in the works?
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

Default Re: CSP5 - Cummins Switchable tuning - it's HERE!

You will have the ability to change between your daily driver tune and any other single tune you would like via toggle switch.

Unlike the Duramax, there is not going to be specific '2 tune' or '5 tune' OS's, one does the lot. So the same CSP5 tune could be used to switch the following ways.

Switched via CAN bus only - 5 tunes (base plus 4 tunes).
    Switched via toggle only - 2 tunes (base plus 1 tune).
    Switched via CAN and Toggle - 6 tunes (base plus 5 tunes).

The toggle switch tune overrides all the CAN tunes. It's original intention was to be used as a specific tune that would automatically activate if a relay state change was detected (eg Nitrous), but in the end it really could be used as a simple two position tune. The ECM would still use the default base CAN tune, then when the switch is thrown it would jump to the toggle switch tune. It's pretty versatile in it's application.

We hope to have some final testing done this week, then I will need to apply (and test) for three more OS's to cover off majority of what people will want to upgrade, then it will be released. Time frame? Not sure, obviously as soon as everything falls in to place.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast