I have been trying to tune an 05 LLY Duramax but keep running into problems with my flashscan disconnecting. It took forever to pull the stock tune out so I could modify it, when I go to put the new tune in i only get to the "license ecm" phase now before the flashscan will lose communication with my computer. I have narrowed it down to the computer-V2 communication after I had only the v2 connected to my laptop . Sometimes the tune tool software will freeze when I go to open it with the v2 connected. I have done some searching and have tried all the recommendations with no luck still. Here's what I have tried-
1)Tried using a different laptop (mine is a new HP running windows 7) which was running windows 7 as well.
2) Updated to the latest version of EFILive
3) Tried using a different USB cable for the laptop to V2 Connection
4) Tried installing the old version of the USB drivers using the USB manager in V8
5) Cursed at it for 10 min straight

I am not sure what else to try. I noticed when I connect my V2 to the computer every time, I get a notice in the bottom right corner of the screen saying that its " installing USB driver." I'm guessing that maybe my computer is installing the latest usb driver automatically when I connect the V2 instead of using the old usb driver like I told it to use. I just used my EFILive to tune an 04 Duramax a month ago and had no problems.