Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V2 will not stay connected to my computer

Ok I uninstalled all the programs from my computer, then reinstalled them and got the same problem. Will someone PLEASE help me get this figured out? Are there any tests I can run to pinpoint the problem? Everytime I try to open the the explorer, I get a little icon in the lower right corner saying the flashscan is not responding.

The problem happens even after this...? :

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Ensuring you have the 2.02.04 drivers installed is essential. Unless that is the case then you may get irregular results. I gather you have followed the USB Manager guide I included in a previous post with FlashScan disconnected?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Bizcut00 View Post
    Ok I uninstalled all the programs from my computer, then reinstalled them and got the same problem. Will someone PLEASE help me get this figured out? Are there any tests I can run to pinpoint the problem? Everytime I try to open the the explorer, I get a little icon in the lower right corner saying the flashscan is not responding.
    It's going to be one of few things:
    1) You're not running the 2.02.04 drivers (there is a link above relating to USB Manager).

2) You're running very old 2.04.x firmware. The V8 software not responding will do this as bootblock/firmware prior to 2.5 is not supported by V8. Please see these knowledgebase articles for general information about on-going software and firmware updates:
    - Software updates
    - Firmware updates

Install the software updates first as the V8 software incorporates the new bootblock and firmware updates for your device.

If you have very old 2.04.x firmware please see the bottom section of the firmware updates article. If you are on this very old release it is imperative that you first upgrade to 2.07.72 prior to upgrading to the later bootblock and firmware versions. This is outlined in the document.

3) Cable or device fault. You indicate you've tried a different cable so that can be ruled out. You could get the device sent in for inspection/repair but that will cost you shipping and possible an inspection fee and repair costs so last resort.

4) You have some very odd system issue that is just going to be too difficult to diagnose.

My money is on 1) or 2) personally.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    It's going to be one of few things:
    1) You're not running the 2.02.04 drivers (there is a link above relating to USB Manager).

2) You're running very old 2.04.x firmware. The V8 software not responding will do this as bootblock/firmware prior to 2.5 is not supported by V8. Please see these knowledgebase articles for general information about on-going software and firmware updates:
    - Software updates
    - Firmware updates

Install the software updates first as the V8 software incorporates the new bootblock and firmware updates for your device.

If you have very old 2.04.x firmware please see the bottom section of the firmware updates article. If you are on this very old release it is imperative that you first upgrade to 2.07.72 prior to upgrading to the later bootblock and firmware versions. This is outlined in the document.

3) Cable or device fault. You indicate you've tried a different cable so that can be ruled out. You could get the device sent in for inspection/repair but that will cost you shipping and possible an inspection fee and repair costs so last resort.

4) You have some very odd system issue that is just going to be too difficult to diagnose.

My money is on 1) or 2) personally.

Cheers,
    It was number 2 I had- Firmware: 2.04.70 Date- 10 Dec 2007,Boot Block Ver. 2.04.10 Date 10Nov 2006 loaded on my V2. I'm really surprised it took someone this long to suggest that I update my actual V2.
    If anyone else is having this problem, and they have already tried the USB driver downgrade, connect your flashscan to your computer hit F4, F3, F1 and see what firmware and boot block you are using. If it is something old like 2.04.xx, follow the pdf help file found @ Start->All Programs->EFIlive->V8->Documents-> Upgrading Flashscan. MAKE SURE you read the whole pdf file first because there's some very specific instructions if you have an older FW and BB.

Now when I open up the Explorer icon it asks me to upgrade my boot block from 2.05.08 to 2.07.04. Should I go ahead and do this? I don't want to mess anything up now that I have it working now.

The first tip you gave (the message about not responding) was the first indication that this was a possible cause.

If the device has been successfully upgrade to both the 2.05 bootblock and firmware then please do go ahead and upgrade to the 2.07 series. While V8 will now recognize the device the software will not support it at that version.

Glad its sorted

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Bizcut00 View Post
    It was number 2 I had- Firmware: 2.04.70 Date- 10 Dec 2007,Boot Block Ver. 2.04.10 Date 10Nov 2006 loaded on my V2. I'm really surprised it took someone this long to suggest that I update my actual V2.
    It was all in how you worded post #1, it steered us into USB drivers

If anyone else is having this problem, and they have already tried the USB driver downgrade, connect your flashscan to your computer hit F4, F3, F1 and see what firmware and boot block you are using. If it is something old like 2.04.xx, follow the pdf help file found @ Start->All Programs->EFIlive->V8->Documents-> Upgrading Flashscan. MAKE SURE you read the whole pdf file first because there's some very specific instructions if you have an older FW and BB.
    Very good advice

Now when I open up the Explorer icon it asks me to upgrade my boot block from 2.05.08 to 2.07.04. Should I go ahead and do this? I don't want to mess anything up now that I have it working now.
    No, not quite... follow what the Upgrading Flashscan pdf says

( do not update using V8 S&T or V8 EE until after you've arrived at bootblock 2.07.04 and firmware 2.07.35 )

Well I went to tune my buddy's duramax that I had been trying to get done the past few months and ended up ruining the ECM. The Flashscan won't communicate with the ECM and the truck won't start.
    I had my tune all loaded up like I normally do, but when I went to tune the truck I got a message saying that the ECM was locked and to make sure that I was using the same flashscan that the truck was locked to, which I am. I was able to license the truck before I had all my previous problems with the Flashscan disconnection, but that's as far as I got.
    What is the deal now??? I am guessing that the VIN licenses didn't transfer over, even though the update process was successful. It's like my V2 won't recognize the previous VIN's I've had locked to it.

The first thing to check is that both your software and firmware are up-to-date. Please see these guides that may assist with software and firmware updates:
    - Software updates
    - Firmware updates

Andrew
    EFILive Crew

In my previous post I had mentioned that it was my software and firmware were up to date. I have Software V7.5.7 (build 211) FW 2.07.35 and BB 2.07.04. Shouldn't this work perfectly now? Why do I keep running into problems? I did upgrade from 2.05.08 to 2.07.04 as I mentioned in post #14. In post #15 Tordne said to go ahead and do it, but in post #16 joecar said i shouldn't. Did I mess something up when I did that upgrade?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast