Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LC1 Histogram logging

Were those logs from a dyno run, or a drive on the road?

If the former, you need to run Scan tool and display the MAP when performing the run, then attempt to fill all the cells in the MAP with data (the more the better). This will give sufficient data to perform BEN factor corrections to the VVE.

If the later, then you need to log for at least 30 min. non stop on the road with as much varying load conditions as possible. If you want to make the precess easier, log for 2 hours. You need significantly more log data when "street" tuning, compared to on the dyno. That being said, if you are experienced in VVE tuning, you can make corrections with much less data, but you need a lot of experience to do this.

IMO, both these logs have insufficient data to make any significant changes to the VVE on their own. Which tune was in the car for these runs? I reckon I could get the VVE closer using the logs, but it'd be pretty hard if this was your first time.

Simon.

FYI, here's an image of what you are aiming for. This is a street log that's just over 16MB or about 60 min. worth of log data.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E38-BEN_MAP.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	14128

Also, if you're really wanting to dial in the VVE for street conditions, then you can take a series of logs from the same tune and use the log joining utility...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....-utility/page3

Note the requirements for the log files to have exactly the same PID selections, including the PID selection order.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Were those logs from a dyno run, or a drive on the road?
    Yes this was done on our Dyno Dynamics, this was steady state and i held the cells for a good few seconds to populate

If the former, you need to run Scan tool and display the MAP when performing the run, then attempt to fill all the cells in the MAP with data (the more the better). This will give sufficient data to perform BEN factor corrections to the VVE.
    I am confused on this. Am i using the incorrect PID or something?

IMO, both these logs have insufficient data to make any significant changes to the VVE on their own. Which tune was in the car for these runs? I reckon I could get the VVE closer using the logs, but it'd be pretty hard if this was your first time.
    Simon I started with the map you posted here. I compared it with my Speed Density file an found only 4 small changes. I am new to this VVE tuning unlike other systems or stand alone im use to using real time programming. Also i don't believe moates makes a road runner for the newer ecu's.

Is there a target AF map that i am to compare these tables to?

Here is my log set up
    • Map vs RPM
    • W02AFR1 selected to show in the cells
    • Checked the X : Average cells shown
    • I selected Hide cells with low cell count

I copied all with lables then i would paste all and multiply but since the other cells were empty I guess it multiplied my table by ZERO. I had to manual edit everything I did today.

Also im unsure of the generate VE and Coefficients and what they do. To me it seems like it is an alternate form of Interpolation but i see the Interpolate buttons and have used them?

Which BEN pids are you using...?

I would assume the wrong ones. I selected almost all wideband pids for lc1 including the BEN

this is the PID file i was using.
    Speed Density (LC1 02).pid
    Attached Files Attached Files

If your LC-1 is set to its default V:AFR curve, then you would use CALC.AFR_LC11 and CALC.BEN_LC11 (for wideband signal coming in on EXT.AD1).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If your LC-1 is set to its default V:AFR curve, then you would use CALC.AFR_LC11 and CALC.BEN_LC11 (for wideband signal coming in on EXT.AD1).
    Are you still talking about the analog PID's or am I missing these with the serial cable?

The car should be finished this week but I will not get the honor to do it. So im back to work on my truck and trying to figure out these OS systems etc.

Here is a log on the way home. I see its lean under wot I am commanding 12.8 but its not showing here. I have not turned off my Maf yet nor put it in open loop. Also this pic I didnt hide all the load cells like before
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck af.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	334.1 KB 
ID:	14145

here is a log if anyone wants to look
    LS1B_0008 af.efi

The analog pids (CALC.AFR_LC11) are via the analog connection... you said somewhere above you do not yet have the serial cable.

When you use the serial cable, the analog connection is not used (and the LC-1's V:AFR curve is not required anymore)...

the serial comms pids are EXT.WO2AFR1, EXT.WO2LAM1, EXT.WO2EQR.

The high map columns in your pic are too lean.

Summary:

Analog: CALC.AFR_xxx, CALC.BEN_xxx.

Serial: EXT.WO2AFR1, EXT.WO2LAM1, EXT.WO2EQR1, EXT.WO2ST1, CALC.BEN1.

Note that instead of CALC.BEN1 we now have a better BEN pid called CALC.WO2BEN (available with the calc_pids.txt file from the Calc.VET thread).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast