Thread: V2 Driver issues

Default V2 Driver issues

Hey guys,
    I've noticed that my V2 sometimes wasn't wanting to fully power up sometimes when I plugged it into my normal laptop, intermittently. Well my power cord on my laptop crapped out so I installed the software on my wife's laptop (windows 7) and now when I plug in my V2 the screen won't come on but I get the following LED pattern: from left to right (off, solid amber,off, solid amber,off)

I believe it to be a USB driver issue, but when I went to uninstall/reinstall, I click a button and it gives me an error message saying "this action requires elevation" so do I need a taller desk?! haha

I unistalled the software completely and re-downloaded, but no improvement.... please advise! I'm in a tight spot now.

(btw, V2 works fine plugged into OBD II)

Thanks a million!
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

When logging in to Windows, you must have administrator privileges to install software (i.e your privileges need to be elevated).

Using the EFILive USB Manager tool, uninstall the current USB driver and install the older one.

I just attempted again, I uninstalled and reinstalled all programs and drivers, right clicked and did all processes as administrator... still no luck.

I'm thinking it's something else on the laptop, it attempted to install device driver software when I plugged the V2 in on two occassions, then said driver install failed.... So I have no idea now.
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Are you saying that the two orange LEDs flash alternately when you connect FlashScan to the PC via the USB cable?
    And are you also saying that the same FlashScan device functions normally when you connect it to a vehicle via OBDII?

If the LEDs are flashing alternately, that means FlashScan is in dead-poll which is FlashScnan's way of telling you the firmware is missing or damaged. That usually only happens if the firmware update fails or if a boot block update is performed.
    If FlashScan is in dead-poll it will remain that way until new firmware is successfully programmed into it, plugging it into a vehicle should not change the dead-poll status. If it does then it may be caused by FlashScan not getting enough current from the PC's USB system. That will happen if the drivers are not loaded correctly. Windows will only supply 100mA to USB devices with no drivers loaded. Once the drivers are loaded and the device is recognized by Windows, then Windows will allow the device to consume up to 500mA. FlashScan needs about 350mA to operate. Not having enough power is why the screen does not operate and could possibly explain the flashing LEDs.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

LBZ, what are the LEDs doing...?