Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Corvette LT1 DI Motor Injectors....oh boy...

No offence Ian, but I am surprised people are even asking for technical details on something that doesn't exist (to the public) yet. Wait until mid / late 2013 when the 2014 models hit the streets. Like I'd said in an earlier post, I am amazed people are sending me PM's asking will it be supported, well, I checked my tarot cards and there's nothing in them that would indicate what it is. I think the thing to keep in mind is until we get our hands on one I will stick with the theory that most of what you read will be BS. Like this 'uncrackable' speculation, as Howard had said, we hope that GM realises that if they do make this ECM untunable then sales of GM V8 vehicles will fall.
    Take for example the LML ECM (Bosch EDC17), sure we can't read them, but they can be flashed via the OBD-II port still, whereas many European cars with the EDC17 cannot, they must be pulled apart and flashed via the debug ports (though I hear that can't be done on the newer ones either). GM could have asked Bosch for that option surely?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No offence Ian, but I am surprised people are even asking for technical details on something that doesn't exist (to the public) yet. Wait until mid / late 2013 when the 2014 models hit the streets. Like I'd said in an earlier post, I am amazed people are sending me PM's asking will it be supported, well, I checked my tarot cards and there's nothing in them that would indicate what it is. I think the thing to keep in mind is until we get our hands on one I will stick with the theory that most of what you read will be BS. Like this 'uncrackable' speculation, as Howard had said, we hope that GM realises that if they do make this ECM untunable then sales of GM V8 vehicles will fall.
    Take for example the LML ECM (Bosch EDC17), sure we can't read them, but they can be flashed via the OBD-II port still, whereas many European cars with the EDC17 cannot, they must be pulled apart and flashed via the debug ports (though I hear that can't be done on the newer ones either). GM could have asked Bosch for that option surely?

Ross,

i agree... It's way to early... Most people that are asking probably don't understand that the Series 11 Torque based logic is a bigger battle then they can imagine.. Even if you got us in the front door there is still quite a bit of processing needed to get these cars to not trip REP mode as well as how we handle the fuel system.

HT

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Howard, the E78 is using this software level too, so far there is no issues on the Cruze with winding the boost up, however, it's factory boosted to begin with. The challenge is going to be taking a N/A engine running one of these E92 (or E78) controllers and seeing what happens when it's force fed, that is when the torque monitoring will probably bring the pain.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No offence taken. Maybe it was a naive question. Thought someone may know. I would wager that maybe E92 is based on Delphi MT9X line with something like an MPC5676 CPU.

For a laugh, if not already, take a look at this LS1Tech thread. A few of the posts are a blast. One dude is claiming to be a GM engineer. One poster thinks he is a robot. ROFL. Seems to line up with your BS theory Ross.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...lum-block.html

If the Bosch EDC17 can be flashed in the US but not Europe, that would be due to US laws preventing OEM's from monopolising maintenance and servicing so everyone can still repair their cars and that auto shops can stay in business doing repairs and updating ECU's.

Lol, that thread is entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    I would wager that maybe E92 is based on Delphi MT9X line with something like an MPC5676 CPU.
    It's hard to know, we have a Delphi MT34 ECM here, I don't even recall which GM car it came off, but it is nothing like any other GM/Delphi ECM, it uses an Infineon Tri-Core CPU for starters, so I'm not sure how close the GM / Delphi ECM's are to those on the Delphi website.

For a laugh, if not already, take a look at this LS1Tech thread.
    I'd rather watch an episode of Fawlty Towers for a laugh

If the Bosch EDC17 can be flashed in the US but not Europe, that would be due to US laws preventing OEM's from monopolising maintenance and servicing so everyone can still repair their cars and that auto shops can stay in business doing repairs and updating ECU's.
    I'd say that is exactly the reason, it's also possibly why there is very few (if any) Diesel cars for sale in the USA by BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc (well, that used to be the case).
    Wouldn't it be nice if our stupid government legislated something like the US has so the OEM dealers aren't the only ones that can flash updates.

Lifetime Member

Default 2014 Corvette LT1 DI Motor Injectors....oh boy...

Power ratings were announced today http://blog.caranddriver.com/four-hu...power-figures/

Cheers
    Cindy

455hp/460ftlb is respectable for a factory stock car that comes with a warranty

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    455hp/460ftlb is respectable for a factory stock car that comes with a warranty
    No kidding, TQ output is close to the LS7! This could get interesting, 13 Z06 vs 14 C7 base should be a pretty close race.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    No kidding, TQ output is close to the LS7! This could get interesting, 13 Z06 vs 14 C7 base should be a pretty close race.
    Its a great starting point..wait until we get our hands on ours......

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast