Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen5 LTx series

We all thought the LML ECM was a Delphi too, just look at it!
    I would be pretty confident it's a Delphi running the same or similar code to the E39 SIDI ECM as well, I can't see GM (these days) completely redesigning something to do the same job as something they already have.
    It probably came down to cost or maybe Delphi didn't have an ECM ready to go with DI capability until now which is why GM has in the past used Bosch and the E39 (Continental / Siemens).

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

512bit key for RSA is actually quite weak. Now if you're talking AES with 512bit key, then yea, we're proper screwed.
    Straight out of Wikipedia: "RSA claims that 1024-bit keys are likely to become crackable some time between 2006 and 2010 and that 2048-bit keys are sufficient until 2030."
    So just out of sheer curiosity, how much would it be worth it to you for someone to crack it?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Cummins have had 32 bit unlock keys since 2006, but there is probably no point for GM to go to 512 bit for the unlock codes, if they did something like the Euro EDC17 with RSA involved, we are probably screwed.

Marcin you binary whore

FWIW comments on ls1tech suggest as per the current ECU's there are multiple controllers and logic. Just as now you cant access the ETC tables and controller unless your name is Chuck. GM dont want people messing with the DI injector tables. They say they flow enough for well over 1000bhp in any case.

Also there is suggestion it runs a closed loop with EGT sensors to remove the need to access the calibration as much for most mods.

Of course things like gear changes, Torque management, max VSS, open loop, commanded afr etc are all things we will want to change. Plus this ECU is going to work across the entire range of vehicles. Trucks etc. So Its going to be target 1.

The dude, who claims he is a combustion engineer said that the DI logic was out of bounds for legal reasons hence the encryption. The implication was that the rest of the cal may be fairly open as per now. He also said fuel was injected at weird times which may seem to defy logic and that 87 and 93 octane gave about the same peak power levels.

Also that cam technology was where the power was at because the DI and combustion process was very touchy and they had spent a lot of time on this to optimise this aspect and he thought it was a close to perfect as they could make it,

I assume DI is done only fractionally before ignition and timing is probably retarded from what we are used to. Though there was suggestion fuel would be injected at other times to address EGT control.

Anyway, she looks like a nice motor. I think Ill shelve my Gen5 Viper plans and go high tech. Especially with the C7 planned to hit the scales around 3000lb with a 300 reduction. Though perhaps thats in Z06 form..

I cant help thinking that the AFM lifters are the weak point in an otherwise good setup. A nice VVT cam and DOD disable would be good. 550rwhp cam only!?
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra View Post
    So just out of sheer curiosity, how much would it be worth it to you for someone to crack it?
    Not worth the multi million dollar law suit that would follow, it didn't work out too well for the last company who cracked the RSA keys on the EDC17's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123