Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen5 LTx series

Default Gen5 LTx series

Ross any ideas on what model ECU it is?
    I take it, its something totally new?

Or is it an E67 or E38?

Looks like a candidate for a nice cam. Stock spec is 200/207-0.550
    Heads look nice.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Howard Tanner posted elsewhere it is an all new ECM, never seen before. Not surprised given it's direct injection.
    Sounds like we've still got a while before it hits the streets though. I think we all know this is going to be an awesome engine, I'll be at the Holden dealer putting my name down for one when they hit our shores.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

E92 is what the press release says, no idea WTF is actually is (Bosch, Delphi).

Ross is gonna have a heart attack if its Bosch though... (please dont though)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

This was posted on another forum. Not sure I trust source. I think he tries hard to make himself seem important.

Any ways
    Gm has dramatically changed the security acess, iirc 512bit keys and a completely different algorythm, think cray super computer to reverse engineer.

and the entire method for how the do fueling and ignition timming, its just so different. IIRC allot of the calibration is a mathmatical model.

not easily adjusted. _
    512bit security algorythm, not happening. Plus they seed key pair will no longer be generated, they are stored in the GM mainframe. Or so I hear. Each ECU has its own seed and key, and its tied to each vin.

Its going to be all after market ECU's for these vehicles, or nothing.

Ok, so whoever is posting all this stuff, how do they know 100% for sure, do they work at GM development, at Delphi? I call BS (but, willing to be proven wrong).

So, just on he's points:
    512bit key, maybe, it's conceivable.
    E39 & E78 is very much mathematical model based, so probably nothing new there.
    Anyway, if GM have locked these down far enough that after market tuning (and therefore parts) can't happen, watch sales plummet in 2014.
    Last edited by GMPX; October 28th, 2012 at 10:38 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

He does not work for GM. He has "moles" giving him information. Claims to have insider info on japanese brands also.

I dont take him to serious. I have read his posts on other subjects such as machining and metallurgy. Which is my back round. He is out in left field to put it nicley.

More awesomeness.
    I know, I've seen the calibration software its called "inca" and glanced at the code snipets. If you have a few hundred hours to work out the TQ modeling for the throttle input, you might be able to clean up fueling and spark.

Pay attention to what I just wrote there very carefully.

Default Gen5 LTx series

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Howard Tanner posted elsewhere it is an all new ECM, never seen before. Not surprised given it's direct injection.
    Sounds like we've still got a while before it hits the streets though. I think we all know this is going to be an awesome engine, I'll be at the Holden dealer putting my name down for one when they hit our shores.
    E39 runs the sidi v6 seems odd to throw a new ecu at it, but then gm did give us the e40

Quote Originally Posted by the_red_shark View Post
    E39 runs the sidi v6 seems odd to throw a new ecu at it, but then gm did give us the e40
    I agree, the E39 is capable of running a V8 too. It probably comes down to supplier costs per ECM, in the end the hardware doesn't matter, it's the code inside running that makes or breaks the deal for tuning.

I am hoping it is E39 or close to it.
    Looking forward to hopefully getting the chance to work on the new Gen5 LT1.

Lifetime Member

It sounds like the ECM will be nearly hack proof, infinitely more complex with a secondary OS and well above where the current ECM's are at. Here is a snippet: The secondary OS within the self contained ECM will overwrite any changes if compromised. And it will NOT but just in case it will. Upon over writing any tuning/tampering... the HIGH PRESSURE SOLENOID will close allow statistic pressure to build to allow for starting and normal OEM spec performance.

Check out the posts from Big Gunz in this thread on tech. Hs states he is Bigg Gunz someone within GM Advanced Combustion Engineering. Could just be a troll with no credible info, but his posts are still interesting to read.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-mo...m-block-8.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast