Thread: I was expecting more from Autocal Tune. Have a DataLog if someone would give opinion

Default I was expecting more from Autocal Tune. Have a DataLog if someone would give opinion

I bought a Autocal from a shop and i got 5 tunes with it . only the 5th tune "race" is faster than my old superchips programmer which i was very dissapointed in that aspect. in all other tunes 1-4 my truck is sluggish and doesnt feel hardly any faster than stock. When i put it on 5 "Race" tune then yeah sure its pretty quick but with lots of smoke but still not what i expected for almost $700 (wont even spin the tires on takeoff unless i give it 5-8psi of boost before takeoff) it does pick up quick within a second of WOT just not at the immediate takeoff.

I chose the autocal cause obviously i wouldnt even know where to begin with a flashscan . I hate to bother anyone and the guy i got it from seems really nice and does respond to my emails but i was hoping for that all in one tune . any advice would be GREATLY appreciated and if anyone would be so kind as to have a look at a datalog i did , my truck seems to run inconsistent when i do WOT runs.ive felt defueling once in a while before it shifts but only a few time has it done that and i do have an issue where sometimes my truck wont shift out of first unless i cut the ignition off then cut it back on and it then shifts fine but i suspect that is nothing to do with the tunes and i will have someone local look at it and see what may be causing that......

I sent my tuner guy the log i made and he said something about my rail pressure and did send me a updated racetune within only hours and it did make a slight noticeble improvement but still not what i was hoping.. are my expectations to high? or possibly should i have got a tune from someone else. My truck is a '06 dodge cummins 2500 megacab with 4"Mbrp catback exhaust , k&n CAI and stage 2 tranny w/ triple disc TQ. it does have 240k road miles on it but ive had it since new and never had any issues with it and have always maintained it properly. thanks for any help

NateMX
    Attached Files Attached Files

With the Autocal its married to your tuners flashscan. Your quality of tune is directly related to your tuners ability. The autocal itself is not the problem, it is very capable in the right hands. If your tuner is working with you, keep data logging and sending the logs to them. The more data you can give your tuner the better they can adjust your tune.

Thanks for your reply. I should of been more specific. Its not the autocal that im dissapointed in its the tune although i wish i would of went with the flash scan for versatilty. He is somewhat working with me . Ive only emailed him twice and he has sent me modified tunes but the first one which was level 4 was completely inadequate for me so ( superchips gave me way more accelaration) soi opted to stick with level 5 race tune which smokes alot and egts gets high. It started running inconsistent with each WOT run so i datalogged (which is the log i attached to this thread) i emailed him the log along with several basic questions and i got another race tune a hour or so later but he didnt answer any of my questions. Race tune ran a little better but not what i was expecting and i get the impression im bothering him. I know im just a newb in this feild and i dont want to be a pain in the butt.

So even though i got the autocal with no tunes preloaded. I got them later when i sent my truck info to him im still locked to just his tunes?

Nathan,

I am sorry that you seem unhappy with the tune files we have sent you. I just sent out a new file for you to try and see if it is to your liking. The superchips uses a very, very, aggressive TPS ramp up rate that we try to stay away from, but that gives a feeling of quick acceleration at very low throttle input. The file that is currently in your inbox has a more aggressive ramp rate. Feel free to call or email if you have any questions and to let us know how the tune runs.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Cody,
    I am sorry if i have came across as negative toward you, i was worried you might come across the post and now im actually feeling bad about it. Im just used to doing alot of different things myself but in the case of custom tuning im lost and rely on the tuner and im not the type of guy that wants to flood you with emails or complaints or pester you since half of my questions may not even be relevant and i assume your very busy and from what ive seen of your trucks you are talented, i just felt that maybe i was asking to much and didnt want to bother you to much. Accept my apology please and thank you for responding. I should of came to you first instead of posting here . I certainly did not intend to make you look bad. I certainly regret the post at this point.

Is it possible that the tune is not the real issue and that maybe it may have something to do with the miles on my truck? Like injectors and other fuel realated parts? Or anything else that i may need to address?

Nathan

Its all good man, there are no hard feelings on this end at all. My goal is to get every customer satisfied 100% no matter how much work it takes. Feel free to call or email me anytime I promise you are not bothering me. Your truck does have quite a few miles on it and that probably has something to do with the truck not maintaining rail pressure. Now the random defuel on shifts is something that I have not encountered before but it is possible that it is related to rail pressure as well. See how the new file does and we will go from there. I am confident we can get you satisfied even if it means meeting up somewhere and getting some hands on time with the truck.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Cody,

Thanks, i am relieved that your understanding and this has assured me that i did make the right choice afterall. Im flying home in a hour and will be back at my truck this eveninh and will update you via your email or by phone tomorrow.

Sorry for the double post above my phone isnt the easiest to post from!

Thanks again
    Nathan