Thread: sae_generic.txt

Default sae_generic.txt

My wideband seems to return trash, which led me to notice that I lost my calc_pids.txt with the upgrade to V7.5. I also notice that the old contents of that file seem to have moved to sae_generic.txt. I need to figure out how to get my wideband back without stepping on sae_generic.txt, but I notice there are two of them and they are different (by 1000 or so lines) and I don't know which is being used - Program Files/EFILive/V7.5/Configuration/sae_generic.txt or My Documents/EFILive/V7.5/sae_generic.txt

Does anyone know which is the correct one?

TIA
    Carl

Edit: Never mind. I just realized it is Sunday and most people have something better to do than look for questions to answer. The dates are different and the one in Program Files/.../Configuration is clearly the newer.
    Last edited by critter; November 4th, 2012 at 06:52 AM.

The correct place is Program Files/EFILive/V7.5/Configuration/sae_generic.txt.

I have a thread going in the Gen III section because of the same problem. My AFR readings from my LM-1 are way off. I upgraded to build 211 yesterday, though, and my sae_generic file is in its proper place. The calc_pids.txt file should be in MyDocuments/EFILive/V7.5/UserConfiguration/calc_pids.txt, without any sae_generic file in that location.
    2000 Formula: 12212156, bolt-ons, 3600 stall, 3.42's.

Carl, what pids did you need...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Carl, what pids did you need...?
    Got it sorted out now. My Tech Edge is connected to the left rear O2 harness. I read it through the PCM and have since day one. What happened here is I lost my calc_pids.txt in the transition and sae_generic.txt has the a Tech Edge definition using AD1. Which is where the LM-1 goes, but that is another story. And it seems that while GM.HO2S12 used to read in volts, it is now mv so I had AFRs like 5000:1 So now the equation is GM.HO2S12 / 1000 * 2 + 9 and it works!!! And my idle (if you can call it that) seems to be running 10.1:1 so I guess I need to mess with the VE table. I have no narrow band sensors so can't do Calc.ve or Calc.vet. I may be able to do autove, but this is not really a daily driver, and being a manual it is a bitch to drive when it won't idle. It never idled good before but now with the sheet metal intake and 105mm TB it is much worse. Fun, fun, fun. I could have bought a single plane and Holley for what I paid for this intake and TB, but what fun would that be? :(

Quote Originally Posted by RevGTO View Post
    The correct place is Program Files/EFILive/V7.5/Configuration/sae_generic.txt.
    Thanks

I have a thread going in the Gen III section because of the same problem. My AFR readings from my LM-1 are way off. I upgraded to build 211 yesterday, though, and my sae_generic file is in its proper place. The calc_pids.txt file should be in MyDocuments/EFILive/V7.5/UserConfiguration/calc_pids.txt, without any sae_generic file in that location.
    As best as I can tell, equation in sae_generic.txt is correct for the LM-1