Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T43/E38 Scaled Shifting

well, that's interesting..... My browser was changing the file extension from *.tun to *.ctz and this was causing EFILive to interpret the file incorrectly.

Looking now.....

Ok, Looking at this you are still running the MAF. I'd probably dial in the VVE as well, especially as you're going to boost the motor, even though you are running the MAF.

Looking at B3033, I'd be adding lots to that table. Here's my thinking.

1. You've scaled the normal air flow tables down by an assumed 60% to suit the ID1000 injectors. So you need to start with increasing B3033 by at leas the same amount just to suit the stock motor.
    2. You've made additional changes to the tune to increase the stock power, so you need to add to B3033 to match the power increases.
    3. You're have already, or are about to boost the motor, significantly increasing torque, so this table again need further increases to match.

What I'd do is start with fairly standard settings for the auto, and work on B3033 to get the box shifting somewhat correctly. Then fine tune with the trans tune. It may require some back and forth between the trans tune and the ECM tune to get it perfect, but that's how I'd address any shifting issues.

At least that's how I did the combo when I did it. L98 based stroker with a 23x/25x cam, FAST manifold with Nick Williams 102mm TB and the ID1000 injectors. It ran an 11.84 last Friday night with a 1.6 60' and with the ID1000's only sees IBPW's of just over 6mS, so plenty of head room.

For your application of boost and E85, I'd guess you'll be using the capacity of the ID1000's a little more....

Simon

Started from scratch, and now she is shifting great thanks!!!

W~

Excellent!

Post some log files.

Will do when I get home from the holiday..

W~

Quote Originally Posted by Webbs View Post
    Will do when I get home from the holiday..

W~
    Wow, long Holiday....:-)

But thanks for the info...battling a similar situation and quess I am too conservative when it comes to modifying the torque model....maybe EFI Live and HPT should remove the warning labels :-)

Ed M
    2004 Corvette Coupe, LS2 Shortblock, MN6, Vararam, American Racing Headers/CATs, Magnaflow, 4:10's, Trickflow 215 Heads, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, Performance Clutch, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc.....480 rwhp and 430 rwtq

ERM Performance Tuning -- One stop Learning Center...from tuning software help to complete custom tunes
    visit our website: www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning
    C5edstoy@aol.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12