Thread: Bootloader Rejected Need HELP Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bootloader Rejected Need HELP Please

Ok here's what's going on. I bought a license a week or 2 ago to tune an E67. I started tuning and everything was good. All I did was raise the idle 50 RPM. Then I tried making some more adjustments today and I get a Bootloader rejected pop up. I checked to see if the ecm was locked and it said it was, although I am absolutely sure that I was not locked by me or anyone else. What to do?

I just now saw the thread right below this one about the E-Rod E-67. What a cowinkidink that's what mine is.

Hello, can anyone help me on this? My customer is waitng for his car back.

Was it an E-Rod ECM too or just a regular E67?
    Also, the tune you've been working with, is it the same one from the ECM or is there a chance you flashed a different tune in from another car?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank You for the reply! The kit I bought was the GM performance parts kit for a LS7 engine with an E67 ecm. It was the second one I have bought in the last 4 weeks. I had no problems with the first kit that I bought. I flashed it several times on different days. I also verified that there was nothing wrong with my V2 by flashing an LS1 that was in for repair.

The tune that I flashed into it was the tune from the first e rod kit that I wrote. The tunes comes from the factory with bad check sums, so to flash them I had to fix the bad check sums. When I try to put the original tune back in it and start over it wont let me because it says the tune that I am trying to flash has bad check sums.

Can you Email me the two tunes please, explaining which is which and what processes you went through. I'm not sure how many different E-Rod OS's are out there, but like the factory cars, not all OS's are interchangeable on these ECM's, the ECM locking itself is one of the problems that can arise. But, if your tune from the first E-Rod kit was not compatible you would have got a warning before the flash commenced. Send me a PM for my Email address to keep the spammers away.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I will email you the 2 tunes as you requested. But if the 2 OS are not compatible I wouldnt have been able to raise the idle rpm and convert the tune to speed density in the first place. Thanks for the reply. My customer has sold this car and is waiting on me so he can deliver it.