Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashscan V2 wont load to laptop, need help asap!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duramaxxx View Post
    When I try to open the firmware update page it tells me the program is missing and to reinstall the program and try again, not sure what that means.
    Can you post a screenshot...?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When I try to open the firmware update page it tells me the program is missing and to reinstall the program and try again, not sure what that means.
    The software installation may not have completed successfully due to lack of Admin privileges. You should run the installation "As Administrator".
    To do that, instead of double clicking on the file that you downloaded from the web site, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator".

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

when I plug it in it lights the screen up but there is no text and the computer does not respond in any other way.
    That means Windows has not loaded the USB drivers for FlashScan. FlashScan requires 300mA of current to power its LCD screen, Windows will only allow the USB port to supply 100mA of power until the drivers are loaded and Winodws knows what device it is supplying power to. So the first thing that needs to be fixed is installing the correct drivers. Drivers really should be installed "As Administrator".

When you run the "EFILive USB Manager" program, you should right-click on it in the Windows start menu and select "Run as Administrator".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.png 
Views:	221 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	14170

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Iam having the same issue and have done all the recommended stuff in the other thread pertaining to this issue and nothing has solved this. Sometimes my v2 will light up and work fine for a few minutes and then goto the blue screen and other times it goes a few seconds after I plug the usb in. I'm thinking I may need to completely uninstall EFI live and run as administrator to download the program from this site? Could that be it? I'd like to be able to scan with my laptop on a Cummins this Saturday but I can't do it this way. Thankyou for BBF other wise it would be useless.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    Iam having the same issue and have done all the recommended stuff in the other thread pertaining to this issue and nothing has solved this. Sometimes my v2 will light up and work fine for a few minutes and then goto the blue screen and other times it goes a few seconds after I plug the usb in. I'm thinking I may need to completely uninstall EFI live and run as administrator to download the program from this site? Could that be it? I'd like to be able to scan with my laptop on a Cummins this Saturday but I can't do it this way. Thankyou for BBF other wise it would be useless.
    Yes, redownload and reinstall as admin.

try reinstalling the actual software, if there was a problem with the initial installation it won't recognize it at all. I have the same setup you do and mine works fine. as soon as you get the software open update everything, then hook your flashscan up to it and as soon as you get your licensing info entered update everything on the flashscan. that's how I did mine and it works fine. I have the same laptop and OS.
    To Live, To Serve...

Try Uninstalling and reinstalling your USB Driver. All Program/ EFI Live / V8 / EFI Live USB Manager

I would try some of the older version. If that don't work send it to SoCal Diesel they can Fix 99% of V2 Problems.

You guys realize this thread is almost 3 years old right??
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12