Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DSP5 issue

Default DSP5 issue

So I have done a ton of searching and reading about others issues and solutions to their DSP5 problems.

I have an 2007 2500HD Classic with the LBZ. I installed the DSP5 switch per direction. I had to swap the pins as I was provided one with LB7 ones. I crimped and tinned them with a soldering Iron.

The pins are fully engaged and latched. I have check continuity between the ground wire and ground (good). I also checked the voltage at the back of the switch. The pull down resistors in the switch are working properly and I see it switch through the different voltages.

When I use the Flashscan to log/view the DSP5 PIDs I see a constant 4.98 volts and NonDSP.

I have performed a full reflash successfully (more than once) and when I try to read out the tune it throws an error (as it should)

any thoughts? truck runs great and my cal flash updates of the dsp5 tune seem to work as I have made "trace" changes that are recognizable. (vane position)

Did you have a DSP5 os installed when you tried to read voltages? Without it you won't read any voltage change. I went through the same thing when I installed the switch and someone here told me to install DSP5 OS and then check the voltage.
    Also you can't read out DSP tunes. They write to memory area not normally used, so there is no way to read that out.

Jay
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

I have confirmed I installed the DSP5 OS: 52632483 read off the ECM with the V2 and thru the tune tool. I applied the update to another copy of the base tune and tried that as well as trying to install a DSP% tune created from another OS.

The Flashscan is up to date with Bootblock 2.07.04 and Firmware 2.07.35.

I got another pair of ECM pins so I am going to replace/ check those connections again.

Otherwise you can try and change the tunes setting to hardwire so you can change it with your V2 to eliminate the tune as the issue.
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

Bad ground. Use the chassis.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Default DSP5 issue

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinHick1 View Post
    Otherwise you can try and change the tunes setting to hardwire so you can change it with your V2 to eliminate the tune as the issue.
    LBZ. So no switch via the V2

Default DSP5 issue

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Bad ground. Use the chassis.
    Tried that. As well as checking resistance and delta V between the ground side of the switch and chassis ground.

Are you only hooking up 1 wire to the ECM and teh other to the chassis ground? I have always hooked up the 2 wires to the ECM myself. If you are only hooking up 1 wire to the ECM, and teh other to ground, are you sure your hooked to the correct one? Have you taken a voltmeter to your DSP5 switch to see if it is in fact getting the 5 volts to it? Use a DVOM and see if the switch is actually working or not.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Are you only hooking up 1 wire to the ECM and teh other to the chassis ground? I have always hooked up the 2 wires to the ECM myself. If you are only hooking up 1 wire to the ECM, and teh other to ground, are you sure your hooked to the correct one? Have you taken a voltmeter to your DSP5 switch to see if it is in fact getting the 5 volts to it? Use a DVOM and see if the switch is actually working or not.
    I hooked up both pins. When that didn't work I tried grounding the ground pin to the chassis.

Yes I check the voltage to the switch with a multimeter and monitored the voltage change as I switched through the different settings.

Went out at lunch and check the engagement of the pin in the socket. same depth as all the factory ones.

So I yanked the +5V pin out and there was some clear sticky stuff on it kind of like Clear RTV. sprayed some electrical contact cleaner through the hole and then some canned air. put some Dielectric grease on the pin and stuck it back in.

Working fine now. Looks like the underpopulated holes have some sort of sealant in them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast