Hello Everyone,

I have an 06 LS2 Corvette with an A6 (six speed auto) I use the car for road racing. It now has an ERL built 440 Cubic Inch LS motor that is putting down 500 RWHP (or more with increased timing and race gas). It has a Comp Cams cam with 231 intake 247 exhaust .617 and .624 lift and 113 lobe centers. Ported L92 heads, Fast 102, headers, stock torque converter (part of the problem), lower gears and so on.

I had the car Dyno Tuned by a local shop and it made good power but they could not get it to start or idle correctly. It runs great at the track, hauls butt and all that stuff. I have been working a local tuner to help me get it tame enough to drive on the street. We have done a great job of getting it to start and drive correctly. Even with the big cam it has good road manners. It cruises down the freeway fine and gets 25MPG at 70 MPH. We have spent hours playing with the idle air, tweaking the timing and playing with the shift times to make it drivable.

I am satisfied with the car except for the fact that when cold after it starts the only way to keep it running is to give it some throttle until it gets to around 100 to 110 degrees coolant temperature, then it will idle on it's own but not really drivable until about 130 degrees. We have increase idle air until it does want any more and makes the problem worse, I can't remember how much we advanced the timing but we did quite a bit. We played with the table that increases airflow when you put it in gear. We have turned on the fuel trims at I think at 80 degrees coolant temperature. We turned up the cold idle to I think 1200. We tried a few other things that are not coming to mind. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what we might try next. I would not mind if it would start and idle high for a minute or two to warm up and then drop down but we have not been able to accomplish that except with my foot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.