Thread: L96 6.0 tuning issues

Default L96 6.0 tuning issues

Hey Everybody,
    I haven't been on here for a few years but you were a great resource at the time and figured I would try here!
    I had a major oil pressure issue in my 2009 Suburban with a 5.3 and decided to swap in a 2011 L96 6.0. My tuner is not all too familiar with late model LS programs and I figured I would ask around to see if anybody may have some ideas of what is happening? Now that the weather is starting to get cold I continually have the stabilitrak come in when the engine is cold, and there are drivability issues mainly when cold as well. The truck pops up the code 0601 often as well I should note.
    Mid to high throttle there is never a problem, its the low throttle stuff that there is an issue with. For example, on the highway around 1800 rpm it will feel like the truck is "hovering" around different programs and can be choppy.
    There was an issue where it felt like the cruise control was on all the time, like a commanded airflow was too high which has been "fixed", but now that only seems to be the case when coming down into 3rd and 2nd gear towards a stop sign.

This was tuned with HP tuners, but I have access to EFI live and pulled with that. If someone has some time to look at this, offer suggestions, etc I would be greatly appreciative.

Note: I do not have a wideband anymore as it stayed with my last car. I am up to suggestions on an economical one to purchase so I can complete some logs.

Thanks all!
    Josh
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nver2loud; October 30th, 2015 at 01:35 PM.

A few things I saw when poking around even though I am not sure if it matters....
    1. I do not see anything about the VVT, looks like it is not even being commanded.
    2. The compression ratio is wrong, should be 9.6.

I posted this to the E38 forum as there do not seem to be too many people that follow his section.