Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Vette 6l80 tune in older trans for faster tap up tap down and rev matching

Default 2012 Vette 6l80 tune in older trans for faster tap up tap down and rev matching

I have an 06 Vette T43 with an A6 and about 500 RWHP. I use the car for road racing and the shift delay is killing me. A while back I did a full flash of a tune out of an 08 to get the rev matching feature which worked for the 3-2 downshift and 2-1 downshift but not the other 3 shifts.

However it is nothing like the rev matching in each gear that I get with my 2011 CTSV which works perfectly with minimal delay. In fact I suspect my 2011 CTSV has the new calibration GM is bragging about for the 2012 Vette that eliminates the delay.

Now in 2012 the new Vette as most of you know has the new calibration that significantly reduces shift times (according to GM eliminates it) in tap up tap down mode. It also incorporates the true accurate rev matching like in my CTSV. I would love to get my hands on a 2012 Vette A6 tune and try it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone have a tune I could try? I was going to play around with my CTSV tune but I sold the car last week and forgot to download the tune before I sold it.

Since last time I upgraded from an 06 tune to an 08 tune it required a full flash I am assuming this is dangerous to try and have heard that I could ruin my computer. Any opinions on this? I would be willing to be the guinea pig and happy to post my results and the tune if it works. Does the new Vette use the same T43 computer that my 06 has. If not is there an option to upgrade the computer?

A 2012 TCM tune will not work in the older TCM, there is differences that will stop it functioning.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    A 2012 TCM tune will not work in the older TCM, there is differences that will stop it functioning.
    Can the computer be upgraded?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD in SD View Post
    Can the computer be upgraded?
    Yes you can pull it and replace it with a 2012 TCM.

How do you get to the computer and is it as easy as plug and play with a newer tune in it?

Lifetime Member

Remove the pan, unbolt TCM. Well almost. There is a step by step set of instructions on one of the corvette forums.

Not sure what you mean by plug and play though. You mean install and go?

"Plug and play" is a common reference in which something is installed and used immediatley, requireing no modifications. "Install and go" would correctly describe "plug and play".

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by hog View Post
    "Plug and play" is a common reference in which something is installed and used immediatley, requireing no modifications. "Install and go" would correctly describe "plug and play".

peace
    Hog
    Yes thats right, but last time I looked a TCM wasnt a PC running Windoze.

Does anyone have a 2012 or 2013 stock tune for automatic Corvette? Also does anyone know how that newer T43 is going to interact with my 2006 E38 on my Ls2?

im guessing not very well. even an 08 tune/transmission wouldnt work in my car until i did a full flash with the original tcm tune.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast