Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: no 3.8 support?

what you are asking for mad, is not going to be easy. I would suggest you using an aftermarket controller for that. One that is made for that kind of thing.. It is hard to just put in other computers from cross platforms and expect other things in the vehicle to be happy.. It is possible maybe, but time/vs ambition is another story. Sorry!
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Yeah if it was that easy I would have been tuning my NIGHTMARE 2004 Saturn Ion 2.2 a looong time ago, instead of desperately trying to get rid of it for something tuneable!
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Arrgggg. I would think they used a different ecm in another car same year maybee different engine but same trans like the 3400 or 3500 or some crap. It also has to have obdII compliance and with a factory ecm I can fudge that part in. I think that can bus would be the part to be scared of but gm usually makes things cross platform pretty easally so they dont have to have lots of different parts made or storage for said parts. seems GM is about the smartest manufacture in not redesigning everything for every model. Im searching forums as we speak
    1972 Chevy Blazer, Twin Turbo Duramax 6.6
    69 Maro TT 427 LSX, Wayne due Vett frnt sub,
    Lateral Dynamics 3 link rear, D 60,
    T56, 18X10' 18X12 Boze Forged Speedsters,
    13" wilwood 6 pot fronts 13" wilwood 4 pot rears,
    (all Still under construction)

Where the hell do I find an 00 s10 v6 4.3 ltr tune file so I can look at it and decide if I can swap to that pcm?

I don't think you could, I'm pretty sure those engines have different crank shaft position signals.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Yeah if it was that easy I would have been tuning my NIGHTMARE 2004 Saturn Ion 2.2 a looong time ago, instead of desperately trying to get rid of it for something tuneable!
    Have you thought about using a LS1B PCM and just using half the cylinders? I know a few people on here are running I4s this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Madspeed View Post
    Where the hell do I find an 00 s10 v6 4.3 ltr tune file so I can look at it and decide if I can swap to that pcm?
    Ive got one for an 02 4.3L Blazer, here's a link to the thread I posted it in: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....l=1#post177243

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I don't think you could, I'm pretty sure those engines have different crank shaft position signals.
    Yep, Im pretty sure Ross is right on this one. Do you know what the crank signal on the 3800s is? 7x/1x, 24x/1x, and 58x/4x are the only 3 I know of but GM could have easily used others.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

they both are 90 deg v6's so i guess crank sig is the key. I sure do appreciate the efforts. i really dont want to go buy more software :banghead:

dangit. so far all i can find is they both sharethe same firing order and v. 3800 has 2 reluctors and a cam position reluctor has a 3x and ohh crap here =) Crankshaft Balance Interrupter Ring
    Each interrupter ring has blades and windows that either block the magnetic field or allow it to close one of
    the hall-effect switches. The outer hall-effect switch sends a pulse called the 18X reference signal. The
    outer interrupter ring has 18 evenly spaced blades and windows. The 18X reference signal produces 18
    ON-OFF pulses per crankshaft revolution. The inner hall-effect switch sends a pulse called the sync
    signal. The inner interrupter ring has 3 unevenly spaced blades and windows of different widths. The sync
    signal produces 3 different length ON-OFF pulses per crankshaft revolution. When the sync interrupter
    ring window is between the magnet and the inner switch, the magnetic field will cause the sync hall-effect
    switch to ground the supplied voltage from the ICM. The 18X interrupter ring and the hall-effect switch
    react similarly.

Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
    The camshaft position (CMP) sensor signal is a digital ON/OFF pulse, output once per revolution of the
    camshaft. The CMP sensor does not directly affect the operation of the ignition system. The CMP sensor
    information is used by the powertrain control module (PCM) to determine the position of the valve train
    relative to the CKP. By monitoring the CMP and CKP signals the PCM can accurately time the operation of
    the fuel injectors. The CMP sensor shares 12-volt and low reference circuits with the CKP sensor. The
    CMP signal circuit is input to the ICM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Have you thought about using a LS1B PCM and just using half the cylinders? I know a few people on here are running I4s this way.
    What?? Is this even possible? Who can I talk to to learn about this? What kind of harness mods are needed? Thanks
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    What?? Is this even possible? Who can I talk to to learn about this? What kind of harness mods are needed? Thanks
    I think its Mike/swoch (not sure exactly what his s/n is, but thats close).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast