Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: no 3.8 support?

Shhh, don't tell anyone we actually seriously got stuck in to these things many moons ago. I still have a pile of those V6 PCM's here, I should peel the stickers off and sell them on Ebay as LS1 PCM's.
    Read, Flash, everything was done, but at the time there was DHP and HPTuners supporting them and getting nothing but grief over it, we chose to stick with the Duramax instead, I think that worked out better
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

You are correct Kangsta, Post number 5 states what needs to be done. Reading is already complete.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

LOL @Ross..
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    You are correct Kangsta, Post number 5 states what needs to be done. Reading is already complete.
    lol looks like quite a few posts got done between me reading the post and replying.

Ah, now I remember these PCM's, horrid code design with no layout consistency, no nice OS part number identifiers to reference, yuk!
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The os number we can use is right in the file, around the 6FA32 area. it is in open text. for example, pull out vin for 1G2WR52152F262846. look at that location. LOL to the person that owns that vin, it has an open recall for Engine fire hazard.

uggg, it is in different addresses per years, 2003 was at 6F9B2

Figured it out.

Last value at eof. 00BFF537A55A example, at end of 512k file. The A55A is to tell end of bin. The 00BFF537 converts to 12580151 via 32bit big indian. It also validates to Tisonline for valid os number.

This is working on Every v6 cal. so far. The other value that is raw text, is the part number. The end one is the cal id. Next problem???

Going to have to WAY downsize the templates, I have 800 perameters figured out which was a ton more than everyone else, but it would take months to add in each os. It looks like ill have to dissasemble a few older ones, as i only did 2000 thru 2007 on them. 2006-Dec-23 was completion date...

Keep going Jesse, you'll find someone at GM was having a bad day (or bad few months), the data at the end of the bin is not always consistent, I'll see if I can find you some examples, but don't stress, I just looked over our old work here and I did come up with a 100% perfect way to do this, but at the time we didn't want to go to the trouble to integrate it in to EFILive, but now something similar is in there for the Cummins ECM's it's probably not too bad.
    The P05 was a shocker too, in the later revisions the layout totally changed to something more like an E40.

I'd even figured out how to cal only flash them safely (I believe the others just brick the PCM if you cal flash the wrong thing in).
    2006, wow, many years have gone by indeed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast