Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TBSS 4L60e to 4L80e T42 Swap

Guy same truck new issue. Okay 430++ CI with 15-16 PSI Procharger. This is running the 4L80e that we just figured out. The truck starts, runs , drives great but when I go WOT something is happening with the fuel.

If I go from a dead stop the AF goes to the roof and you can see it on the WB and the 02 Voltage hits the floor. In the log I stayed in it alittle longer for you guys to see.

Now if I go from a 20mph roll it will pin you back in the seat like a rocket. AWD is fun when its working right.

I had 96psi at 4 bar injectors I went to a 1000cc inj and set the fuel PSI at 3 bar and still no luck.

I have tried everything I can think of. Truck runs twin 340's in the tank. I verify both are working and I did a run to verify fuel PSI is good. Everything checks out.

Any IDEAS

Its obviously SD with a 3bar senson on a E67.

What can pull fuel like that from the inj??? I have all TQ setting maxed or turned off. Is there anything in the trans tune that can affect fuel like this???

Any Help would be great guys.

Thanks for all you do.
    Last edited by Mike@Vengeance; January 11th, 2013 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilz28nos View Post
    Attachment 14262

Guy same truck new issue. Okay 430++ CI with 15-16 PSI Procharger. This is running the 4L80e that we just figured out. The truck starts, runs , drives great but when I go WOT something is happening with the fuel.

If I go from a dead stop the AF goes to the roof and you can see it on the WB and the 02 Voltage hits the floor. In the log I stayed in it alittle longer for you guys to see.

Now if I go from a 20mph roll it will pin you back in the seat like a rocket. AWD is fun when its working right.

I had 96psi at 4 bar injectors I went to a 1000cc inj and set the fuel PSI at 3 bar and still no luck.

I have tried everything I can think of. Truck runs twin 340's in the tank. I verify both are working and I did a run to verify fuel PSI is good. Everything checks out.

Any IDEAS

Its obviously SD with a 3bar senson on a E67.

What can pull fuel like that from the inj??? I have all TQ setting maxed or turned off. Is there anything in the trans tune that can affect fuel like this???

Any Help would be great guys.

Thanks for all you do.

Anybody ever seen this?

If the FPR is manifold referenced, remove the reference hose, if the hose has fuel in it then the FPR is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If the FPR is manifold referenced, remove the reference hose, if the hose has fuel in it then the FPR is bad.

Going to test it today.

No luck atleast that I can see. I ran the truck and look into the hose after some mild stomping on it.

The FPR is after the rails. I did run a electric FP Gauge inside the car and the FP holds that the weird thing. Even if the FP is holding can it still do what the log shows???

I've swap injectors from 80 to 1000cc and no luck. FP looks good atleast from what I can see on the elec gauge coming out of the regulator.

It is very erratic. It is fine if I go from a 20mph roll just like the log but Dead stop the truck and no luck. Stabilitrac and TC are turned off. ALL TQ stuff in tune is MAXED out. ALL of it.

Can it be in the TANK. Both pumps are working I tested that as the truck will run with only 1 pump at idle if I pull the fuse on the other one.

Any more IDEAS. This one is weird.

Thanks

Okay went back out to log somemore.

Inj Pulse with on both banks is good, Fuel PSI is good or atleat the Guage says so, It looks like on the log BANK 1 O2 hit the floor first and followed by BANK 2.

Im at a total loss. What can do THIS???

Changed the Regulator and no luck???

I'm looking thru the log file, I'll report back later today.
    Last edited by joecar; December 18th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

What happens if you enable LTFT/trims...?

Can you log HO2S11 and HO2S21 (i.e. front sensor on each bank)

[ you can delete O2S11 and O2S21 (they did not log) ]

If you're running a MAF can you log that also.

Is the wideband O2 sensor working correctly...?

( with STFT's and/or LTFT's look at what WO2AFR1 and WO2LAM1 do, they should hover and/or oscillate around stoich or fairly close to it... I see a little of this, but not enough to convince me ).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast