Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by tokymon View Post
    i hope it not vin based a the trucks we get in canada are made in us and mexico
    I would think the VIN corresponds to the country it was sold in and not the country of manufacture. For example, most 4th gen F-bodies were made in Canada but those that came to the US still has US VINs on them.

Just a guess.

I just hate the we have to tune in secret and now the company can no longer help with issues that have come up with the removal of the epa crap. I understand why it has to be this way but I would love to see the american companies and people put a leash on the epa and their stupid Obama agenda. As they say it is what its is and I will be who I am regardless of what the future holds. Maybe the People who wanted four more year will see their flaws and not let it happen again.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Halo View Post
    I just hate the we have to tune in secret and now the company can no longer help with issues that have come up with the removal of the epa crap. I understand why it has to be this way but I would love to see the american companies and people put a leash on the epa and their stupid Obama agenda. As they say it is what its is and I will be who I am regardless of what the future holds. Maybe the People who wanted four more year will see their flaws and not let it happen again.
    I don't want a discussion in politics, but the EPA has been around since the 70's. If you want to see some of the impacts they have had in the gasser industry google Casper Electronics.

Cheers
    Cindy

I am fully aware, I just think its getting out of hand

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    This was going to happen with time no matter what IMO. I respect EFI's postion and there solution to keep the EPA off there backs. If EFI has to spends weeks if not months and tens of thousands of dollars defending there self in court nobody still won. Sometimes you just have to pick your battles and move on. If you want to blame anyone blame our current government in the US and not EFI.
    I owned a Ford once, ONCE.......

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by WyoFreeride View Post
    Will this affect your development for new ECMs (ie CM2200) that aren't supported yet? Will the emissions stuff be addressed on those new ECMs for areas outside the US still?
    At this point our development priority hasn't changed, but we will do a full review of planned support and order of support early in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    This is what horrifies me....

I have duramax stream licenses, cummins tuning license, etc... So basically my V2 is "worth" a lot more than most of the V2's out there....so yes I do take extra special care of it and try not to let it out of my sight.

BUT!!!! God forbid, the thing breaks or something and I have to have it fixed (and then I send it to be fixed, and then you guys put the latest firmware/boot block on it).....would it be possible to downgrade the firmware/boot block on the V2 to the old version that still works with Build 211 tuning tool???

thats what scares me....I can deal with running Build 211 forever (I only tune very few cummins's, so not getting access to CSP5 isnt the end of the world for me), what if the above scenario happens (V2 breaks or something) and Im "forced" into updating firmware/boot block????

Ben
    If your V2 needs to be fixed or replaced, you won't be 'forced' to do anything. If you chose to have it repaired through an authorized agent or replaced using the license recovery scheme your unit will be returned to you with current bootblock and firmware. Bootblock/firmware cannot be downgraded.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    If your V2 needs to be fixed or replaced, you won't be 'forced' to do anything. If you chose to have it repaired through an authorized agent or replaced using the license recovery scheme your unit will be returned to you with current bootblock and firmware. Bootblock/firmware cannot be downgraded.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Alright so basically if I need to have my V2 repaired (or replaced due to loss/theft) down the road after the "non-DPF" updates come out...Ill be out of luck, because when I get my repaired V2 back it will have the newest "non-DPF" firmware in it?

Sorry If im misunderstanding you Cindy, I just want to make sure im following you correctly.

thanks
    Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Alright so basically if I need to have my V2 repaired (or replaced due to loss/theft) down the road after the "non-DPF" updates come out...Ill be out of luck, because when I get my repaired V2 back it will have the newest "non-DPF" firmware in it?

Sorry If im misunderstanding you Cindy, I just want to make sure im following you correctly.

thanks
    Ben
    You understand correctly, we won't install old firmware/bootblocks, and we won't change our software structure to allow those to be downgraded.

Cheers
    Cindy

Will Unit pricing go down or up because of reduced functionality?

My guess would be no, but figured it was worth a shot lol.

So what happens if someone from the US buys a Delete tune from a Canadian tuner?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast