Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by L31Sleeper View Post
    It is based on where you PC "thinks" it is..........so what makes your PC think it's in the USA..........the time zone
    Go into the bottom right hand corner of your PC where the time and date are displayed and change the time zone
    to Auckland.
    If that's true, I wouldn't say it so loud.

It is based on where you PC "thinks" it is..........so what makes your PC think it's in the USA..........the time zone
    Go into the bottom right hand corner of your PC where the time and date are displayed and change the time zone
    to Auckland.
    In light of where things are at with the EPA these days I highly doubt that EFILive will make it that simple to unlock the emissions features. Something that simple would be a slap in the face to the EPA and I don't see EFILive doing that, they have too much riding on it.
    Last edited by KhakiCummins; October 5th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Not only that but Canada and Mexico use the same timezone as us.

Will a laptop, V2, build 212 software, and Truck all purchased in Texas be restricted if it is all shipped overseas? As in will it have the DPF DOC delete restrictions once it is shipped out of the US? Will shipping all of the equipment overseas release the restrictions? Do I need to purchase the V2 and 212 software after shipping the truck? Purchase a new laptop after? I will be stationed for 4 years overseas and would like to mod my 2011 LML while I'm there.

me too
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

to Auckland.
    SHHHHH........ don't need to be broadcasting theories like that out on a public forum!
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    SHHHHH........ don't need to be broadcasting theories like that out on a public forum!
    It won't matter. The next guy coming up with come right out and say it too. Its no different on this forum, CF, CompD, etc... There's always going to be someone who just can't not post up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    It won't matter. The next guy coming up with come right out and say it too. Its no different on this forum, CF, CompD, etc... There's always going to be someone who just can't not post up about it.
    And let me guess, they will be the loudest voices when Big Brother comes down on companies like EFI Live and makes it impossible to tune anything, right???
    Just my thoughts!
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

That day is coming! Our government is out of control when it comes to regulations and absolute complete control over everything. Money is not object, we are DEEP in debt and just print more money as they need to control more and more! Not an issue to them, but to the people the dollar is worth less and less because of this.

EagleMark, from an outsider looking in I feel embarrassed for your current situation, it's amazing to watch unfold. Pretty sure Obama must be sitting there crossing off the days on the calender until "I'm outta here, I'm done with this lot of clowns".
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast