Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Default Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

As many of you may have heard or read about in the last few days, our next software update will contain restrictions to the available calibrations for diesel engines. More specifically for the LMM and 6.7L Cummins that have a DPF system fitted.
    USA based customers will no longer have access to alter the calibrations affecting the operation and diagnostics of these emissions controlling components. For EFILive users outside of the USA this restriction will not apply and you should notice no change in what you can and can't tune. There will not be separate USA and International versions of the software, there will still only be one version for downloading.

We would like to make this thread the official place to ask questions regarding these changes, however, if the questions are nothing more than you venting your dissatisfaction about this then the post will be removed.

Please read THIS as a starting point.

Based on the ongoing discussions in this thread, below is a few key items, an FAQ of sorts that you might miss reading through the various pages.

• Your existing V2's, Autocals etc will continue to work fine with the current public releases, V7.5.7 Build 211 & V8.2.1 Build 203.
    • If you update the firmware in the V2/AC to that in the next release it might not work correctly with older software, it's always been this way with each new release anyway.
    • For any existing tune files you have, the tuning changes will remain untouched, all new tune files created with the next update will not have access to the DPF related functions for USA customers.
    • It's still your choice if you update or not, we aren't forcing you, we aren't sneaking the restrictions in.
    • There will only be one version of the EFILive software, there is no secret 'international' version USA users can install.
    • The restrictions have nothing to do with your registration details on the forum or with your V2 warranty cards.
    • Sending EFILive staff Emails and PM's asking how to get around this will simply be ignored, no response whatsoever.

NOVEMBER 2013 Update:
    Due to time constraints, the November 7th, 2013 software release will be the final public software release for Customers in 2013. EFILive expects additional pre-release software for LML mapping and E20 Non USA Diesel Cruze tuning support to be released before the end of the 2013.

Specifically, EFILive will not be implementing any software restrictions in 2013. Customers and Tuners should familiarize themselves with their local laws and restrictions as per http://www.efilive.com/legal. EFILive shall provide further customer updates as they become available in 2014.

Kind regards

The EFILive Team
    Last edited by GMPX; November 12th, 2013 at 06:01 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

HMM so if theres only one download how will it be different for what region we live in?
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

I would guess it will be because of where each individual has registered their V2's and there will be programming in the update that will recognize the loacation of registration and makes its so the deletetion ability will not be in the update? also so if we don't update to the new software will we be able to still buy licences? thanks for the information.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    I would guess it will be because of where each individual has registered their V2's and there will be programming in the update that will recognize the loacation of registration and makes its so the deletetion ability will not be in the update? also so if we don't update to the new software will we be able to still buy licences? thanks for the information.
    x2 on these questions.

I know this is the diesel section but also curious about the gassers since im using mine for LS Swaps into muscle cars if they will be any changes with them?

How will we continue to support customers whose trucks are already deleted and no longer own a Dpf?

Lifetime Member

yeah I use mine for that too. I hope it doesnt have much change on that
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Are we going to lose more features and support in the future?

Default Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Just got my v2 and now it became a paper weight I guess. This EPA crap is BS

If we are content with what we already have as far as tables/features/etc....can we just keep the current version to retain EGR/DPF modification ability? (build 211)

Or is there going to be some block in there so all USA people will *have* to update and be forced to give up EGR/DPF parameters?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

Interesting to see this happen, was wondering if it was coming down the line. :(
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; December 11th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast