Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

From what I am told they always had customers sign the 'off road' waiver?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I believe one large company still has there tuner to do deletes(at least they still have it on tehre website), and somebody who sells H&S says they will still offer delete tunes(but require an EPA waiver stating it is going on a competition truck that is not road registered).
    Maybe those guys need to sit in on SEMA's Diesel EPA meetings. The Off Road Waiver was deemed useless years ago (maybe the 2008 meeting?). SEMA's advice was for the manufacturer to confirm with the relevent DMV that the vehicle was infact unregistered PRIOR to selling any non-compliant product.

Cheers
    Cindy

Default Re: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

I am not pro emission equipment but theoretically it makes for a cleaner future. That is if emissions of the manufacturing of this equipment does not exceed what the end product puts out as a whole. Regardless this is the direction this nation is going so we mise well welcome it and figure out ways we can tune beside it. Who knows, with these professional tuners out there their might be tuning advantages of these systems in the future.

I remember when cat converters were going to mark the end of the world for performance, nowdays just look what an LS engine can achieve with full emissions equipment still fitted.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    From what I am told they always had customers sign the 'off road' waiver?
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Maybe those guys need to sit in on SEMA's Diesel EPA meetings. The Off Road Waiver was deemed useless years ago (maybe the 2008 meeting?). SEMA's advice was for the manufacturer to confirm with the relevent DMV that the vehicle was infact unregistered PRIOR to selling any non-compliant product.

Cheers
    Cindy
    He didn't say an off road waiver, he said they would have to get paperwork from the EPA stating that it was a TRUE competition only truck that was not road registered before they would unlock it. Basically said if the EPA would approve it, THEN they would unlock it. I don't know this first hand, just what one of there retailers said.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Any word on when the new update is coming out? I just PCS'd to Turkey, there is ZERO emissions or any regulation here. Crap as i type this there is a dumpster on fire next to me. Apparently they light it every-night as there is no trash service.

if i were to order a V2 and cummins license for a 6.7 within the next week will it still allow for me to use the current 211 software that is out now?

Default Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Yes (as i understand it) just download the software now before it changes

Quote Originally Posted by Powder_Keg View Post
    Yes (as i understand it) just download the software now before it changes
    i did download the v7 software but do i need that v8 software that is on the download page? or will i ONLY be running V7?

Default Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

You will need both. The 7 is for tuning and 8 is for flashing (currently) the next release will incorporate both into the v8 software as I understand it

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast