Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by jmaz2689 View Post
    Will Unit pricing go down or up because of reduced functionality?

My guess would be no, but figured it was worth a shot lol.
    Its not EFI Live causing the trouble, its the US government. If you move outside of the US it wouldn't be an issue.

How precisely will this effect the "dinger" fix that is forthcoming?

Will it be a simple tune file fix or will an upgraded V2 be in order?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBlack View Post
    How precisely will this effect the "dinger" fix that is forthcoming?

Will it be a simple tune file fix or will an upgraded V2 be in order?
    There will be no additional software releases for parameters prior to the release of the country of residence restrictions. ie. You won't have access to the chime fix, or CSP functionality (when it's released) if you don't upgrade.

It will be a simple tune fix but you will need to update. There is no hardware changes, only software changes.

Cheers
    Cindy

Come on guy's quit asking questions they can't answer. This isn't something they like. Its bound to hurt business in one form or fashion. However, the world isn't going to end. The sky is still there and isn't going to fall.

Read between the lines and you'll have your answer to everything you desire. Its not that complicated.

I would like to thank EFI for giving us what we have. And hope that in the future we will still be a valuable region to continue to support and improve on...

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    Come on guy's quit asking questions they can't answer. This isn't something they like. Its bound to hurt business in one form or fashion. However, the world isn't going to end. The sky is still there and isn't going to fall.

Read between the lines and you'll have your answer to everything you desire. Its not that complicated.

I would like to thank EFI for giving us what we have. And hope that in the future we will still be a valuable region to continue to support and improve on...
    I agree 100%. I am guessing anyone with half a brain will be able to figure out how to be out of the country while tuning Luckily, I am only a 7 hour drive from Canada, so I guess I will have to use that option every time I need to help out that person with their 'race truck'....

But seriously, now a days, it only takes people a matter of time to figure out how to bypass anything, it is just going to be one of them deals where no one will talk about it in public. All the deletes are still going to happen in the US, but when the EPA looks at the program the ability will be gone.
    Again, just my opinion!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by LinearX View Post
    I would think the VIN corresponds to the country it was sold in and not the country of manufacture. For example, most 4th gen F-bodies were made in Canada but those that came to the US still has US VINs on them.

Just a guess.
    4th gen F-body VIN's start with "2" which means Canada... so my guess is it can't be VIN based;

but regardless, we should feel privileged that the EPA still lets us drive vehicles (instead of horses or goats).

I like how EFI Live has handled this and I applaud them for their approach.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    X2

Read between the lines

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    I agree 100%. I am guessing anyone with half a brain will be able to figure out how to be out of the country while tuning Luckily, I am only a 7 hour drive from Canada, so I guess I will have to use that option every time I need to help out that person with their 'race truck'....

But seriously, now a days, it only takes people a matter of time to figure out how to bypass anything, it is just going to be one of them deals where no one will talk about it in public. All the deletes are still going to happen in the US, but when the EPA looks at the program the ability will be gone.
    Again, just my opinion!

Mike
    I agree 100 %

Quote Originally Posted by someguy View Post
    x3

I'd hate to lose EFI Live all together if the EPA decided to ban import of the V2, hosing up both the diesel and gas tuning for everyone. Its a great tool still, even without the DPF stuff (which is why I personally bought a V2 to begin with, but never got to use those functions). At least their chosen method wont break any existing tunes, and development can continue forward for everyone else besides us poor suckers living in the US.
    2010 Dodge QCSB 6.7 Auto

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast