Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    People need to calm down and read over everything that EFI Live has posted. Everyone is freaking out over something that really isnt a huge deal. Asking a million questions on how to by pass the law on a forum isnt the best thing either.
    What he said. If this continues, next thing we know the EPA will be coming after them again for hosting info that could be used to bypass the emissions systems or help lead them to a workaround that they will then use against us(or worse against EFILIVE).
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

A wise man once told me...... Just be glad you don't get all the government that you pay for!!!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

Lifetime Member

Default Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    A wise man once told me...... Just be glad you don't get all the government that you pay for!!!

Mike
    That same wise man also said the 9 scariest words ever spoken were "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

Quote Originally Posted by jaminish View Post
    What happens if you delete the dpf and egr on the 6.7 then get the new software, will you be allowed to do the csp5 tuning to that truck and keep the delete emissions and will you still be able to tune that truck keeping the dpf and egr off?
    Read through the forum closely and you will find the answers you are looking for.

So I did A LOT of reading here and two other forums, so will the egr functions be in this upgraded program for lbz's and lly's forever lost or will they be available yet for them? I'm going to guess yes it will be lost forever for USA based tuners but I haven't specifically seen anything for them engines. Because I had seen somewhere where the lmm and up will be effected only.

Quote Originally Posted by IHFarmer07 View Post
    So I did A LOT of reading here and two other forums, so will the egr functions be in this upgraded program for lbz's and lly's forever lost or will they be available yet for them? I'm going to guess yes it will be lost forever for USA based tuners but I haven't specifically seen anything for them engines. Because I had seen somewhere where the lmm and up will be effected only.
    The OP mentions Please read THIS as a starting point, and at the end of that it states: "For USA based customers only, EGR and DPF related items will no longer be available for modification." which seems pretty unequivocal.

Now I have a question of my own:
    Will the upcoming EFILive Tune Tool software update require an internet connection every time the program is launched?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneNomad View Post
    Now I have a question of my own:
    Will the upcoming EFILive Tune Tool software update require an internet connection every time the program is launched?
    No it will not, nor will it report 'back to base with your data' if you have an internet connection.

Just an FYI as to why this was not something we would remove for customers worldwide, here's an interesting link from the UK:

http://www.dpfremoval.co.uk/ - states "The DPF is not a legal requirement or is it needed for the MOT test".
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No it will not, nor will it report 'back to base with your data' if you have an internet connection.

Just an FYI as to why this was not something we would remove for customers worldwide, here's an interesting link from the UK:

http://www.dpfremoval.co.uk/ - states "The DPF is not a legal requirement or is it needed for the MOT test".
    And we supposedly live in the land of the free.

Its getting worse and worse. Not just emmissions. Everything.. Thanks for doing what you can to help us out.

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    And we supposedly live in the land of the free.
    Uh yeah, we also live in the land with the most automobiles, and pollution......................................... ...
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Uh yeah, we also live in the land with the most automobiles, and pollution......................................... ...
    No Ben, we do not live in the land with the most pollution. And hasn't been since before the 2004/2007/2010 implementation of stricter emissions controls on diesel automobiles.

----

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.

One last question I have, since some others have made statements that created some confusion on this point:

When the upcoming versions of EFILive are installed and used on a PC in the US, the DPF & EGR features will not be available (as we all know by now).
    But if that *SAME* PC is subsequently moved to a location outside the reach of the US EPA (say to a foreign country such as Belize), will the DPF & EGR features "magically" become available once again without the user having to take any additional steps?

Thanks!

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast