Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by davematthews View Post
    And we supposedly live in the land of the free.
    It is free, you just have to pay for it.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Default Re: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Uh yeah, we also live in the land with the most automobiles, and pollution......................................... ...
    What?? Have you ever seen Mexico City? Or India? Or China, though they are improving. We may have the most automobiles, but I don't buy that we have the most pollution.

But, the EPA is the reason we don't have much pollution. And while some of their rules are questionable, they have done their job since they were created. I just wish we the public had more (some?) say in the matter.
    Some diesels, some gassers... EFILive all the things!
    EFILive + RoadRunner = AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAVe3283 View Post
    What?? Have you ever seen Mexico City? Or India? Or China, though they are improving. We may have the most automobiles, but I don't buy that we have the most pollution.

But, the EPA is the reason we don't have much pollution. And while some of their rules are questionable, they have done their job since they were created. I just wish we the public had more (some?) say in the matter.
    You are right, the USA is not #1, its #2 since 2007 and it releases 3 times the amount of pollution than #3 Russia. Prior to 2007 it was the worlds #1 polluting country, and now it's JUST behind the #1 polluter which is China. And this is just for air pollution. I would hate to see the stats that include nuclear/water/land/light pollution.
    #1 China
    2 USA
    3 Russia
    4 India
    5 Japan
    6 Germany
    7 Canada
    8 UK
    9 South Korea
    10 Iran

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Quote Originally Posted by GoneNomad View Post
    No Ben, we do not live in the land with the most pollution. And hasn't been since before the 2004/2007/2010 implementation of stricter emissions controls on diesel automobiles.

----

Thanks for clarifying.

One last question I have, since some others have made statements that created some confusion on this point:

When the upcoming versions of EFILive are installed and used on a PC in the US, the DPF & EGR features will not be available (as we all know by now).
    But if that *SAME* PC is subsequently moved to a location outside the reach of the US EPA (say to a foreign country such as Belize), will the DPF & EGR features "magically" become available once again without the user having to take any additional steps?

Thanks!
    I doubt that the staff at EFILive will answer that question. They have already said that they will not divulge how they are determining what country you are tuning in.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Quote Originally Posted by GoneNomad View Post
    But if that *SAME* PC is subsequently moved to a location outside the reach of the US EPA (say to a foreign country such as Belize), will the DPF & EGR features "magically" become available once again without the user having to take any additional steps?

Thanks!
    Funny you should mention Belize. I was just down there.... for reasons mentioned above. A lot of diesel trucks down there, probably all stolen.
    06,QC,4X4-ARE top, Bedslide ,EFILive tuned my me and Anarchy, FASS, DTT, ATS 5000 twins, PDR cam, BD IC, Carli/Thuren, Warn Air/Winch, F1 Springs, Studs
    01,QC,4X4-Banks PowerPack, RV275s,PDR35/14, FASS, Carli/Thuren/Lorenz, OnBoard Air, DTT, ARB/Warn

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Funny you should mention Belize. I was just down there....
    Did you find John McAfee?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default Re: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by gmpx View Post
    did you find john mcafee?
    ^^^lmao
    2008 6.7 regular cab short bed 4x4 All mods by Terror Custom Tuning.

figures...couple of assclowns ruin a good thing...just my opinion
    2002 SS, PROCHARGER AND SOME OTHER GOODIES

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Did you find John McAfee?
    Unfortunately, I think he is here in the states.......
    I think that the nutcase shoulda stayed there.... but that is just my opinion!

Mike
    Current toys are as follows:
    1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza, 145 H6/powerglide. 85 HP of raw fury.... slow and stock and staying that way!
    1969 GMC 2500, 4-53T Detroit diesel/Fuller 10 speed on late model 1500 HD frame
    1970 GMC 9500, 6-71 Detroit/Fuller 13 speed, not sure why I bought it, but it sure is noisy!!!
    1975 Ford F100 shortbed. Currently undergoing Crown Vic subframe swap and EFI 4.6!!!
    1975 Chevrolet Vega, 5.3/200-4R may finish someday, maybe...

It's funny how the automotive world works. I had been noticing brand new 2011+ model FORD's over here with the 2.7L V6 Diesel blowing some soot on hard acceleration, this intrigued me as I couldn't figure how a new car with a DPF could be doing this. Well after a looking looking around the answer was simple, from factory these cars have no DPF, yes, a 2011+ diesel car with no DPF from factory. I guess FORD has no plans to export those to the USA!
    It gets better, the 2013 Holden Colorado with the 2.8L Duramax has no DPF either, no wonder both these vehicles get exceptional highway MPG figures (FORD claimed 37MPG for a 4,510 lb vehicle).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast