Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Your forgetting that most who use EFILIVE for diesels are probably using it for a DURAMAX as the CUMMINS is still fairly new to it. And starting in 02, the DURAMAX could have an EGR valve on it. So the question remains will we lose the EGR control ability for 02-07's?
    Sorry about that. I forgot this thread is in the General Diesel section.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We haven't made a final decision on the earlier model EGR question as it can be worked around without tuning right?
    Can someone else besides Ross explain? Sorry for the noob questions...

Default Re: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

You can do away with the egr valves in the earlier duramaxes without having to retune the ecm.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We haven't made a final decision on the earlier model EGR question as it can be worked around without tuning right?
    Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    You can do away with the egr valves in the earlier duramaxes without having to retune the ecm.

You can with a finger stick, but they can be finicky at best sometimes. I'm just glad I went with my 01 LB7 as it has NOTHING on it for emission controls. I was even able to do away with my 95's cat converter as the 01 LB7 doesn't have one.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Ross,
    This may have been asked in a different form and I didn't catch it but here goes..
    Say I have existing deleted tune files and I modify those existing deleted tune files with this new release, add duration, change timing or whatever I do. Will it automatically implement emission control functions in the tune when it is loaded back onto the truck? Basically making it a non deleted tune file. I read these statements by you Ross and this question came up.
    *For any existing tune files you have, the tuning changes will remain untouched, all new tune files created with the next update will not have access to the DPF related functions for USA customers*
    *The changes will not affect existing tunes, we can't wind back or undo what has already been done to a file prior to this new update*

Also although it is not a wise decision and should not be done, will it be possible to delete trucks with another tuner, while leaving all other parameters stock, read that file and tune with Efilive? Will the emission control be automatically implemented in the tune when its loaded to the truck. I know the risks involved with reading and modifying "dirty" files. Even of this works I feel all the other tuners will be shortly following these regulations as well.
    Last edited by comnrailpwr; January 10th, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

Ross,
    This may have been asked in a different form and I didn't catch it but here goes..
    Say I have existing deleted tune files and I modify those existing deleted tune files with this new release, add duration, change timing or whatever I do. Will it automatically implement emission control functions in the tune when it is loaded back onto the truck? Basically making it a non deleted tune file. I read these statements by you Ross and this question came up.
    *For any existing tune files you have, the tuning changes will remain untouched, all new tune files created with the next update will not have access to the DPF related functions for USA customers*
    *The changes will not affect existing tunes, we can't wind back or undo what has already been done to a file prior to this new update*
    I doubt this will happen. A good example would be the LB7, it was available in both EGR and NON EGR equipped from the factory. If teh software enabled the emissions equipment automatically, then it would enable emissions controls in tune files that never had them from the factory.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I doubt this will happen. A good example would be the LB7, it was available in both EGR and NON EGR equipped from the factory. If teh software enabled the emissions equipment automatically, then it would enable emissions controls in tune files that never had them from the factory.
    If that's the case then this will only affect trucks that tunes are built from this new release and all existing trucks will be able to stay deleted and still get all the benefits of future updates? Trucks with existing tunes modified with future releases wont be affected. This wood be great. It would prevent me from having to buy another v2 to tune current deleted customers. I'll just not tune deleted trucks from here on out. Doesn't affect me at all, I don't tune for a living nor do I have plans on owning anything with emissions anytime soon.

Lifetime Member

Ross,
    Jake, you've quoted the answer....

The changes will not affect existing tunes, we can't wind back or undo what has already been done to a file prior to this new update

Also although it is not a wise decision and should not be done, will it be possible to delete trucks with another tuner, while leaving all other parameters stock, read that file and tune with Efilive? Will the emission control be automatically implemented in the tune when its loaded to the truck. I know the risks involved with reading and modifying "dirty" files. Even of this works I feel all the other tuners will be shortly following these regulations as well.
    With what other product? (Please don't answer that) I believe we were either the last or almost the last to remove this functionality.
    As quoted above "The changes will not affect existing tunes, we can't wind back or undo what has already been done to a file prior to this new update"

The only change we've made to our software is we've removed specific parameters for certain locations. No other operational changes have been made.

Cheers
    Cindy

This is good news thanks. Existing deleted customers will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    With what other product? (Please don't answer that) I believe we were either the last or almost the last to remove this functionality.
    As quoted above "The changes will not affect existing tunes, we can't wind back or undo what has already been done to a file prior to this new update"

The only change we've made to our software is we've removed specific parameters for certain locations. No other operational changes have been made.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I believe one large company still has there tuner to do deletes(at least they still have it on tehre website), and somebody who sells H&S says they will still offer delete tunes(but require an EPA waiver stating it is going on a competition truck that is not road registered).

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast