Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel tuning restrictions for USA customers

Lifetime Member

Has the EPA conntated EFI Live at all? and since I have two V2's on black with gm and cummins tuning options and one blue with just the cummins tuning option will i be able to have them both on the same laptop and be able to update the blue one so I can have the CSP ability? or will I need to buy another laptop? not a problem if I have to just wondering how that will work.
    2015 3500HD crew cab long bed, 6" fabtech, slightly tuned, emissions intact.
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    1984 CJ7 powered by a 2000 LS1. 4L60E.
    2012 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual, (yes the dirty the bastard haha)
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    alright good, so...reading between the lines...if we just decide to keep Tuning tool build 211 "forever", but say we upgrade the boot block or firmware in our V2 at some point, we wont be screwing ourselves/shooting ourselves in the foot, if you understand what I mean Ross?
    If you upgrade the bootblock and firmware in the V2 to a version used in the upcoming software releases then the V2 may not work correctly should you stick build 211 back on your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply, I should have been more specific will my deleted 6.7 customers continue to have to deal with dinging?
    I am continuing to work on a fix for the chime, as the chime is annoying for several other non emissions related warnings I don't think there is an emissions related problem with disabling it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I still don't see why you have changed your stance on this matter all of a sudden from the last time when HPTUNERS removed the function?
    At least we are telling everyone first

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    The burden should be on the end user, which is why I thought the disclaimer was there before you could do a flash.
    This absolutely falls in to the same category as gun control, Smith & Wesson are not responsible for how their product is used by each person who buys a gun. Just like us, or even someone selling EFILive isn't the person that may remove the DPF and creates a tune to allow the truck to still run. However, we have a situation where YouTube is full of smoking late model Diesels on the highway filling some poor grandma's Prius with soot. Now if Grandma was at the local drag strip that is a different story, it 'could' be an unregistered race truck doing this, but unfortunately nearly every video out there is clearly not a race truck.
    I'm not trying to play the moral police here, but you know 'whoever' came up with the concept to burn more Diesel to make them cleaner needed to have a few more drinks and think that one over, it sounds ludicrous, but that is the rule that the OEM's must play by, that is the rules the US Govt currently enforces. Us sticking it to the man by allowing it to be abused is not going to fix the actual problem is it? And this is perhaps why there is probably no DPF delete tuners left on the market. We were probably the last because we wanted to take the time to think this out on a global scale so our customers in Dubai, Australia, Sweden, and so on weren't affected.
    By the way, the 'off road' disclaimer on products as I understand it is now worthless.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

When should we expect to see this update?

We are doing internal beta testing at the moment, however, as this update is going to include the CSP5 enhancement for the 5.9L Cummins we are delaying it a little bit until there is a variety of switching solutions available.
    There was no plans to do a specific update just for the restricted calibrations, it will just be included with our next major release, best guess, early to mid January for the public update.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks, that should be plenty of time for everyone to bury a copy of the software in the backyard for future use.

Also, Say in a year my V2 gets broken or misplaced and I have to buy a new one or have it fixed by you guys.

Will the new one be on the bootblock/firmware version that is incompatible with Emissions related deletes?

When we build product they are shipped with the current public release, so once this goes public all new hardware and software will be the new versions, we won't be shipping old software.

Lifetime Member

I like youtube but lets ban it! Like I have always said "If you want to get away with something don't tell anyone" LOL JK
    2005 dmax ccsb, EFI live tuned DSP 5 Full built motor, S471 billet single, More better built trans this time. and lots of other things.
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Lifetime Member

It would be awesome if you would release the CSP update before the deletion disabled update? would that be possible?
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by catman3126 View Post
    It would be awesome if you would release the CSP update before the deletion disabled update? would that be possible?
    Nope, the cal restrictions are done, all CSP5 OS's are not.

Lifetime Member

Thats fine that why I bought a "blue V2 cummins tuner optioned" that way I can update it and tune all cummins with CSP when it comes out which I would love to be a beta tester on but I'm sure that won't happen.

will we still be able to buy a stream licence for a non updated 211 build V2? for say an LMM/LBZ?
    2003 Jetta TDI,
    1986 K10 LQ4/4L80E

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast