Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need heelpp ASAP Truck wont start.

Any other ideas guys i feel like im running out of them.
    Just some guy

Lifetime Member

Did you save the V7.5 tune file in the correct V8 format before trying to flash it?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

i have just been using v7.5 would v8 be better
    Just some guy

how do you change the format on those files i will try v8
    Just some guy

ok well even though you all kind of left me hanging there at the end i really do appreciate all the help especially you GMPX i mean i know your a site admin and everything but it is nice that you are very knowledgeable about your stuff and willing to help out with guys like me that have never ran into this kind of thing before. I ended up figuring it out although i have not narrowed it down to one fuse but a collection of fuses that i had to pull out to get it going. And for the record none of them were the standard ones like radio info tbc bcm ones. i could leave all those alone. Which was very weird and frustrating for a long time. Worked on it for two days and posted in three different forums and you all were the only ones that helped me out. Thanks again. mail me text me anything you need i know how much of a pain in the butt it is when you just cant put it all together. Again and finally Thanks Alot all.
    Just some guy

Well, it's Saturday where I am, so apart from the early morning check (when I responded), I got stuff to do!!
    Glad it's up an running though, it's certainly not the normal thing that needs to be done.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Sorry just now seeing this had exact same issue in every way but one a few days ago. Pulled fuses and disconnected until ECM was only thing on (supposed to be)bus. Still no go and every time I attempted a flash in v7.5 I had to disconnect batteries to get ECM back. Was to the point of driving to a reputable performance shop in Danville, IN two hours away as I had to parts there anyway and they had kindly offered to let me use their bench harness. But being stubborn I kept at it (not knowing the issue kills me) and I pulled out the aftermarket radio and there was a module attached that retains the door chime with said aftermarket radio that was wired to battery+ with scotch locks and on the bus. Disconnected that and bam all is well. Wonder how many gm modules are deemed bad and replaced after a failed flash and dropping off the bus only to find out a new one does the same. With my issue after and attempt it wouldn't start flashing just say retrying previous block, then I stopped it and next attempt ECM not detected until disconnecting batteries! Hope this helps someone!

Lifetime Member

Open it in V7.5, file save as then change the file format to V8 .ctz. Open that with V8 and flash it.

Sorry man, it's Ross/GMPX's Saturday (btw he's not just the site admin, he's the only coder cracking ECM/PCM/TCMs behind this entire product) and I check this during breaks at work. We try, but this for me isnt a full time job.

Try flashing using V8, Ive had much better luck with it vs V7.5.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Sorry if my message came across wrong I am extremely happy with the help that i Got I am not mad or upset at all at Ross or anybody. I was Giving Ross A special thanks for being the most helpful. Like i said i posted in 2 other forums and did not even get one person to give me advice. Very Very Very Happy that i posted here too. I understand people have other stuff going on. But just want to make sure that i comes across right that i am very happy with the help. Thanks again.
    Just some guy

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    I pulled out the aftermarket radio and there was a module attached that retains the door chime with said aftermarket radio that was wired to battery+ with scotch locks and on the bus. Disconnected that and bam all is well.
    Yep, usually always turns out to be something hidden away that is on the bus (non factory).

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    Wonder how many gm modules are deemed bad and replaced after a failed flash and dropping off the bus only to find out a new one does the same.
    I'd hate to think, it must drive GM dealers crazy.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast