Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dying PCM P0601

Default Dying PCM P0601

Wife got a scare, truck died on her, she restarted it and the CEL was on, I read the DTC codes and P0601 popped up, PCM EEPROM (P0601 ENGINE CONTROL MODULE CHECKSUM ERROR) WTF. Funny a guy asked me a few months back about his TB (2004) experiencing the same exact code P0601 and asked if I could re-flash the PCM, I told him I could but would not guarantee success.

2 in a known time period weird. Bad PCM EEPROM run?

Addition ; Visited Trailvoy site and see there are lots more.
    112,000 miles past Emission warranty period.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Which PCM is this...?

Lifetime Member

P12.

Interesting to hear, my P10 has been just fine. What .cal or .calz files are you using to tune it, still using some of that old mystery beta stuff or production?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

P12
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    P12.

Interesting to hear, my P10 has been just fine. What .cal or .calz files are you using to tune it, still using some of that old mystery beta stuff or production?
    I am going to full flash and see what happens, production file.
    Don't think is anything to do with EFILive or its flashes, seems a lot of PCMs get this error, even Dodge.
    Was hoping for some insight on the EEPROM, have read that the EEPROM has gotten full and is throwing this code, like, unlikely?
    Last edited by Chevy366; January 1st, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Try reading it first, if there is a checksum error you'll see it in the warnings when the read is done.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Try reading it first, if there is a checksum error you'll see it in the warnings when the read is done.
    Okay, read the PCM (inane TBs have to hit start position without starting, and PCM will read) I did not see any checksum error generated.
    Had persistent code that was for the left speaker ground, I finally took care of that, left rear speaker was dead, can another bus cause a fault in the PCM such as the ECM?
    Last edited by Chevy366; January 1st, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Got to see it happen in person, we went for a drive, DTC gets set and engine dies, turn key off for a few seconds and engine starts right back up, goes for a several more miles then off again goes the engine, code is still the P0601.
    Going to do full flash tomorrow, with fingers crossed.
    2006 Trailblazer

A quick Google and it seems to be a common issue with both the P10 & P12 Trailblazer, though there doesn't appear to be any GM updates as a fix for it.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    A quick Google and it seems to be a common issue with both the P10 & P12 Trailblazer, though there doesn't appear to be any GM updates as a fix for it.
    Yeah seems to be a common problem in all makes.
    I took the PCM out, cleaned the connections both harness and PCM, didn't really look bad at all, did the Trailblazer Flash Dance (have to figure out the certain process to make a successful flash) and did a successful "full flash". I used the file I read and just flashed it back in as a .ctz extension with no modifications to tune.
    Funny memory took a full flash fine no errors, EEPROM must be totally rewritten or else something else is screwy, shows 992k out 1024k flashed, I know that the full EEPROM memory allotment is not used.
    Will see what happens.
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast