Thread: PID Selection V7.5

Default PID Selection V7.5

For some reason I am unable to get V6 or V7.3 to connect to my 98 Camaro which has been stored for 6-7 years. I downloaded V7.5 and it connect swimmingly well through my V2. (likely updated USB drivers help here, but V7.3 still won't connect).

However for some reason V7.5 Scan Tool shows virtually no PIDs as available for my pcm (19980100; 98 Camaro 2G1Y Vin). My basic logging was simply RPM;TP; HO2S11; HO2S21; Spark; Knock Retard; InjDC1%; InjDC2%; AFR; VSS; MAP kPa; Airflow g/s; ECT; IAT; LTFT1; LTFT2.

No muss no fuss. I think I also had saved (yea I know but that was 6 computers ago) a set of PIDs that included the PLX Wideband that I have installed, but that is not needed now.

The car is running great but I am passing it on to a friend and wanted to do some logging to make sure everything is copacetic before delivering it to him.

Why are only 3 unusual PIDs showing as supported for this VIN/OS?? And none of the ones I am used to using are avialable.

Perry

Lifetime Member

First, V7.3 is very outdated (6-7 years seems about right to me! ), so uninstall it and dont bother with it anymore.

Once you have V7.5 and V8 installed, make sure your V2's firmware is up to date (latest public version is dated 6/22/2012, RC1 is dated 2/28/2013, both are 2.07.35). Download link HERE

You need to Validate the PIDs in the V7.5 Scan Tool, open it up and connect to your vehicle (File->Connect, then select the LS1A PCM and click OK). Now, click Info->Validate PIDs and wait for this to finish. You should now have all the PIDs available that are supported.

Hope this helps, let me know if it doesnt.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

And it did help. I had done the other steps excepting the validation of the PIDs. All is good now. (Well except I show a catalyst not ready and need to smog for the title transfer but figure that will monitor out)

Only other issue is I have forgotten how to get my PLX output into the V2. I have it set up to go in either A1 or A4 but when I choose the A1 or A4 analog PID, I don't get a reading. I will work on that a bit more. Not really important as this is mostly a track car now and that is what the new owner is going to use it for but we do need it to get through an OBDII smog aldl check.

I think I will keep the EFI Live around as I still am likely to add another C5 Z06 to the stable. I sold my 2001 long ago.

Thank you for the prompt and helpful directions.

Perry

Lifetime Member

No problem Perry, glad it was an easy fix.

As for connecting your PLX to the V2, I dont know a lot about analog hookups. My LC1 uses the V2's serial input so I have never plugged anything into the bottom of my V2. I have an NGK AFX that will be here Tuesday, it is analog so Ill be figuring it out this week.

I believe all you need to do is connect a signal and ground to an orange connector, then plug that connector into the V2 (like you already have). Did you select the correct external analog WBO2 PID from the scan tool and ensure the WBO2 is outputting a signal?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I will play around with the different analog pids today, but there is one called external analog voltage 1 I have been using with the PLX output connected into A1. There is another that is specific to the PLX I will also try today to see if that is it.

I also noted in the V2 that I had "no" selected by A/D PIDS. I am not certain if that has anything to do with its performance while using a computer to log, but I will try it with that setting on the V2 set to "yes."

Yes, correct, in BBx, under Device, checkmark logging of analog pids.