Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CALC.VET calc_pids.txt for serial LC-1?

Default CALC.VET calc_pids.txt for serial LC-1?

Yeah, I'm lazy. I really don't WANT to key in that text for calc_pids.txt while I am trying to rumage through the CALC.VET tutorial. So I went on a search here for that file that perhaps someone else already did the labor on. But the best I could find was a file that I believe is for an analog interface for the LC-1, and I am using the serial interface. I'm not quite up to snuff to know how to change this, although I'm guessing it's pretty simple for someone who knows what they are doing. So can someone tell me what I need to change in this file, please?

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If you're using the serial WO2 interface than all wide bands use the same BEN factor PIDs:

CALC.BEN1 F54C CLC-00-960 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
    CALC.BEN2 F54D CLC-00-961 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
    CALC.BEN1_B F54E CLC-00-962 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"
    CALC.BEN2_B F54F CLC-00-963 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"

Reagrds
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If you're using the serial WO2 interface than all wide bands use the same BEN factor PIDs:

CALC.BEN1 F54C CLC-00-960 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
    CALC.BEN2 F54D CLC-00-961 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS1 style"
    CALC.BEN1_B F54E CLC-00-962 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 1, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"
    CALC.BEN2_B F54F CLC-00-963 factor WO2-Serial "BEN Factor Bank 2, Serial Wideband, LS2 style"

Reagrds
    Paul
    OK, thanks. But I'm a newb at this and don't have a clue about how this relates to the modified calc_pids.txt file attached in my previous post. I'm trying to work through the CALC.VET Tuning Tutorial, so it would be EXTREMELY helpful if the tutorial would work for me "as is". Otherwise, it's really not a very helpful tutorial for a newbie.

So, in a nutshell, can I use that calc_pids.txt file I attached above, "as is", or do I need to use the lines in the tutorial exactly "as is" there in the tutorial's pages, or do I need to have those other code lines somehow incorporated into that text file? If either of the later two possibilities, does anyone have a calc_pids.txt file already keyed in and available to the struggling masses? Sorry, but I'm still at the bottom of this learning curve, and sometimes these tutorials don't appear to be written to tutor someone at my level of inexperience.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Rich,

At the beginning of post #1 of the Calc.VET thread is the correct calc_pids.txt file...

this file: calc_pids.txt

from this thread: A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table

I. SERIAL WIDEBAND USERS (REQUIRES V2)

Setup Calculated PIDS

calc_pids.txt <--- updated calc_pids.txt file

Copy that calc_pids.txt file to this location, or copy/paste its contents to the file at this location on your PC: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt

OK, great! Thanks! I've found it best to ask if something is still applicable rather than just assuming that such is the case.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Better to ask that to not be sure

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Better to ask that to not be sure
    Oh yeah. Trust me, I am FAR from being sure about anything with this tuning stuff quite yet. But I'll get there. I'm not too worried if it is later rather than sooner.

I intend to fully understand what I am doing before doing ANY tuning myself. Of course, that might mean you guys have to put up with a lot of questions. Hope that won't be too burdensome.... I'm doing the best I can to try to learn this without handholding ALL along the way.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

OK this is a text file now how do I get it into the PID list so I can use it? Yes I'm a newb be I have spent almost 2 days trying to get this to work and still nothing. I'm not a programer or mush of a tuner I'm a motor head it can't be this hard. I'm about ready to put the laptop,cable,and PCM in the oven on 500 and go to a bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Rich,

At the beginning of post #1 of the Calc.VET thread is the correct calc_pids.txt file...

this file: calc_pids.txt

from this thread: A-New-Twist-on-CALC-VE-Table-Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table

Copy that calc_pids.txt file to this folder: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

( post #1 in that thread contains all the how-to details )

Quote Originally Posted by COONDOG96 View Post
    OK this is a text file now how do I get it into the PID list so I can use it? Yes I'm a newb be I have spent almost 2 days trying to get this to work and still nothing. I'm not a programer or mush of a tuner I'm a motor head it can't be this hard. I'm about ready to put the laptop,cable,and PCM in the oven on 500 and go to a bar.
    Yeah, I'm planning on getting to that part of the tutorial pretty soon. I see in the referenced thread which PIDs to select. I'm assuming that when the text file is in the proper folder, that the values defined in calc_pids.txt become available for selection.

But the thread mentions a "CALC.VET Filter". Is this yet another file, or something that has to be set up manually at some point?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast