Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CALC.VET calc_pids.txt for serial LC-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    I'm assuming that when the text file is in the proper folder, that the values defined in calc_pids.txt become available for selection.
    Yes, correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z
    But the thread mentions a "CALC.VET Filter". Is this yet another file, or something that has to be set up manually at some point?
    The filter is already there... when viewing the map, click on the filter properties button, you will see various filters, select the BEN filter, you may have to edit it to look like what the thread says

( mostly, you want to exclude any throttle movement, and you want to include when engine is sufficiently warm and throttle is not zero )

Thanks sorry to whine so much but I did not grow up with computers it took me 2 days and over 8hrs to figger out how to get that file into that folder. Its ithere now so I'll see how it goes with the calcVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Copy that calc_pids.txt file to this folder: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

( post #1 in that thread contains all the how-to details )

Quote Originally Posted by COONDOG96 View Post
    Thanks sorry to whine so much but I did not grow up with computers it took me 2 days and over 8hrs to figger out how to get that file into that folder. Its ithere now so I'll see how it goes with the calcVE.
    Man don't worry about the whining. I've been working with computers since around 1978 and this stuff is still a tough row to hoe. Questions tend to get answered here pretty quickly. Not saying that we will understand the answers yet, but they do try to reach us at our level if we let them know about it.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06
    427 RHS block built by LME
    STS rear mounted twin turbos
    It nearly died on the operating table, but I'm bringing her back.

Yes, correct.

The filter is already there... when viewing the map, click on the filter properties button, you will see various filters, select the BEN filter, you may have to edit it to look like what the thread says

( mostly, you want to exclude any throttle movement, and you want to include when engine is sufficiently warm and throttle is not zero )
    OK, so I'm struggling up the learning curve with this stuff...... I've created the CALC.VET map. I'm looking at the CALC.VET map. But darn if I see anything that faintly resembles a "filter properties button". I see the button to EDIT filter settings, and there is a grayed out button to apply or remove a data filter, but that's it. I clicked on the EDIT filter button, which brings up a little screen which appears to want to allow me to select a filter, but the options available are rather limited. There are nine (9) available selections, but none of which are "CALC.VET". So what am I missing here?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

You have to hit new name in the top right cornerof that little screen then put in CALC.VET. Then it will give you the right chorses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    OK, so I'm struggling up the learning curve with this stuff...... I've created the CALC.VET map. I'm looking at the CALC.VET map. But darn if I see anything that faintly resembles a "filter properties button". I see the button to EDIT filter settings, and there is a grayed out button to apply or remove a data filter, but that's it. I clicked on the EDIT filter button, which brings up a little screen which appears to want to allow me to select a filter, but the options available are rather limited. There are nine (9) available selections, but none of which are "CALC.VET". So what am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by COONDOG96 View Post
    You have to hit new name in the top right cornerof that little screen then put in CALC.VET. Then it will give you the right chorses.
    Well, I'm definitely not reading this right then. According to what I interpretted from Joe's comment, the filter itself already exists somewhere, and we don't have to create it from scratch. So did I just read that wrong?

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

I made mine if you find out were that F.P. button is let me know.

In my EFILive the filter is called 'Base Efficiency Numerator (SAE.TP)'.

Filter button: looks like a sloped rectangle.
    Filter properties button: looks like filter button with finger pointing down into it.

Filter button: looks like a sloped rectangle.
    Filter properties button: looks like filter button with finger pointing down into it.
    OK. I see them. But the filter button is grayed out and I can't click on it. It says "Apply or remove data filter: <no filter selected>" when I hover the mouse over it.

So do I somehow need to select the filter FIRST from the filter properties button? Maybe my perspective is wrong, as I'm thinking I should be able to APPLY a filter first before being able to view and edit any properties within the filter.

CorvetteFlorida.com

2002 Corvette Z06

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast