Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ETC, Reduced Power Mode & Boost

The TFM/PCS pressure is dependent on PCM calculated engine torque which appears to me to depend on airflow (among other things);

Log TRQENG (ftlb), TFMPRS (psi), DYNAIR (g/s) and see if these track each other and see if DYNAIR goes up at the right times; if DYNAIR stays low, then the problem may be incorrect airflow calculation (from VE table, MAF or combination of both) keeping TFMPRS (psi) low.

Most of the trans controls for the LL8 are the same as what you see in the LS1 (which is a good thing).
    On the ETC airflow thing, it will be something we will try to get around.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah.. we'll have to figure out something.. Otherwise, we're dead in the water. :(

Do you have any ideas? Maybe we're being overly-worried too soon?

Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Travis@FIR
    ...Maybe we're being overly-worried too soon?
    Slipping trans is a major concern not to be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Slipping trans is a major concern not to be taken lightly.

Oh.. I wasn't saying that.. I was saying that maybe we're over-reacting about tuning this ECU.. Since we haven't really gotten into it, yet.. maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Travis@FIR
    Oh.. I wasn't saying that.. I was saying that maybe we're over-reacting about tuning this ECU.. Since we haven't really gotten into it, yet.. maybe we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Travis
    Oh, I see, yeah maybe we are, the new PCM's are very complex and sophisticated.

I was just trying to say don't drive around when it's slipping or it will have a short life.

Hopefully the answer will be found soon.

Oh.. I hear ya... I've blown out my fair share of transmission's...

I just hope that we can get this nailed down.. I'm ready to see what kind of potential this engine has..

Travis

Earlier in this thread it was recommended that Table C6101 be increased to prevent setting code P1514 on blown cars. Another recommendation was to increase Table C6102. Does anyone know exactly what function each of these tables perform. According to the EFILive description in Table C6101 it sets the code but it doesn't say it cause the throttle to close and the description for C6102 doesn't say much of what it does. From tunes I have downloaded of professional tuners I notice that none of them have changed Table C6102. Which of these tables cause the throttle to close once the tables limit is exceeded. I also notice that the max limit for each RPM range is higher in the C6102 Table than the C6101 Table on a stock tune.
    2001 Corvette, A4, Magnuson Supercharger, 42# injectors, 220/224 115LSA CAM, 1.7 Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, Slp headers, High flow cats, 3\" crossover pipe, MagnaFolw exhaust. Donaldson Blackwing Intake

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123