Thread: need help with dsp5 switch tunes

Default need help with dsp5 switch tunes

I had guy from so cal diesel build me a tune for my stock tranny 05 gmc sierra 2500 duramax with AFE air intake and 4" mbrp exhaust with 33 12.5 toyo mt. When I installed the tune into my truck it didnt work on my truck it acted like it went into limp mode it had zero power and torq it felt like the emergency brake was on. Guy and I did some trouble shooting with the dsp5 switch but it was working fine he gave me a single tune to see if it was his dsp5 tune but same thing no power or torq. Guy refunded my money so if any body could give me some advise I would appreciate it. My alarm took a crap could that affect the tune? I had guy tune my truck back in 2008 for a economy tow tune and that works fine!
    I live in the Portland OR area so if any body could help

Lifetime Member

Interesting, I dont deal with Duramaxes very often but I do make it to Portland from Seattle a few times a year to visit friends. Im going down for a wedding in Feb and Ill be doing a little tuning as well, if you'd like to meet up we might be able to diagnose it.
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; January 1st, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

It could be a few things, but if it was a high power tune, you may remedy it with a fuel filter change this time of year. The CP3 may be cavitating.

Without a log of the fuel/air parameters, it will not be possible to determine exactly. Guy is plenty familiar with your LLY, if you continue to have issues, you will need to learn to log or bring it to someone who can do it for you, like us.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

crf450911, looks like you are in very good hands already. I was unable to PM you, change your settings, or e-mail me at tune@torquesouth.com if you continue to have issues. I have been dealing with a LOT of similar issues on LBZ / LMM recently and I was able to resolve them all thanks to help from the guys here. Good luck!
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I found a tuner locally Sunnyside Auto in Clackamas OR I am going to take my truck to and see if they can make it work.
    Thanks