Thread: Need Help Again New Problem.

Default Need Help Again New Problem.

Ok so i spoke to soon i am hoping this is a quicker fix than last as i have not touched this. So i finally got the truck flashed and went to take for a test drive and i notice that the gear selector under the P R N D 2 1 is no longer there. i thought to my self must have just forgot a fuse. So i drove it shifted kind of hard into gear has reverse but only has one gear going forward. So i hooked to the tcm to read it and says tcm not dectected. any ideas guys. I am going to bed as it is 1 am right now will wake up in about 7 hrs. lol hope somebody can help please.
    Just some guy

Might sound dumb, but in all the confusion and panic, did you replace every fuse you pulled?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ya i did go through and replace all of them back. I guess a question is which fuse runs the tcm. i never saw the tcm fuse in the truck. is it labeled something else.
    Just some guy

Default Need Help Again New Problem.

Make sure the TCM plugs are seated all the way if it was removed during dsp5 install. A default shift and no prnd321 means the TCM isn't getting power in most cases. If not connectors check all the fuses under hood and inside cab with a test light.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Lifetime Member

I agree, Ive had this happen when the TCM doesnt get power or the TCM OS isnt compatible with the ECM OS. Got it a lot when I was playing with different car TCM OSs in my TBSS.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks for the help guys Sorry i did not mean to leave you hanging on this finished this truck and had a dsp5 to do about 2 hrs later. I never actually put a dsp5 on this truck but that would be a good idea to check. So it turns out that there are 2 fuses that run the ecm and the tcm both are connected. first is pcm b and that is under the hood. Easy to find although i dont understand what pcm stands for since it goes to the ecm and tcm. guess i could be wrong but i know if it does not let you flash if they are not in or blown. Second is the ign 0 fuse that is in the truck. If this one is bad it will still let you flash the ecm but not the tcm. As the reason why i got no response error from tcm. This will make the truck go into some kind of limp mode. Tranny will shift hard into drive and into reverse and will not let it shift between gears. So that is what i know spent a solid 36 hrs on that truck to get it going but learned alot about how dumb lly's are lol.
    Hey quick question Gmpx would you think that it would be smart to have a sticky about all the trick and stuff to try when dealing with these lly's. I know pretty much everybody knows about the radio and info fuses but clearly there are times when people run into crazy situations and would be nice to have everyone's collected knowledge. Just a thought. I would write up the fist part of it if you want me too but i dont want to do that if you think its a bad idea.
    Just some guy