Thread: Custom O.S V5 gets a run

Default Custom O.S V5 gets a run

So how else does someone tune an LS1 like this one?
    We will do a write up on this monster soon, 270+ cam, nearly 620 N/A Hp at the wheels, 8300 RPM!!
    This has been an awesome beta test for the Alpha-N custom O.S for sure (that still supports 3bar boost).
    Marty at HPF in Melbourne, for tuning this thing

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Higgins_Smaller.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	542  
    Last edited by GMPX; March 10th, 2006 at 02:14 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I have been testing the 05 OS now for 6 months on my car both as a tps/blown combo and a tps/na combo with switching based on map settins for a blended map , for a engine like Higgin's combo it will really work well.

That is true Delco, you have been running it for sometime now, only, I think you probably had 'some' manifold vacuum to work with at idle?. People might be interested in hearing how hard it is to setup a TPS based VE from scratch, not 'how to' but how difficult it can be.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

i'm all ears

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    That is true Delco, you have been running it for sometime now, only, I think you probably had 'some' manifold vacuum to work with at idle?. People might be interested in hearing how hard it is to setup a TPS based VE from scratch, not 'how to' but how difficult it can be.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Yes I have used it in house on a couple of very big 270 deg cams with great success , with the stuff you added in it can be a breeze to get it running ok within a few hours.

Something as wild as Nathans rig is going to take a little longer to get 100% right but it can be done thanks to Ross and the guys at EFILIVE

I cheated I had vacuum and Boost to work with , when we first started to test it I used it on the Monaro , mapping all the tps points and then switching so that above a set pressure and rpm window it reverted back to MAP , made for some crisp throttle response.

looking forward to the read and some more pics of the setup

Quote Originally Posted by Delco
    Yes I have used it in house on a couple of very big 270 deg cams with great success , with the stuff you added in it can be a breeze to get it running ok within a few hours.
    Oh, I didn't realise you had done some like that. Did they also have that trumpet style manifold or the FAST?.

Cheers,
    Ross

You guys are having all the fun...
    I take it that it is almost ready for release then?
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Oh, I didn't realise you had done some like that. Did they also have that trumpet style manifold or the FAST?.

Cheers,
    Ross
    FAst , custom tunnel ram and a 8 TB manifold as well as a couple of cammed blown combo's have all been tested on.

I even did a no thottle body setup just TPS sensor ( dont ask ) as a dyno test , went quite well but not a chance of being driven.

Alpha-n is great for a track car , if fuel consumption is a issue then I would say its not as precise as map.

Presently I am switching between alpha-n and 2 bar map while playing on a regular basis