Thread: Steering bogging/idle problems

Default Steering bogging/idle problems

Hello Everyone!
    I have the following issue with my car. I did pretty much the full nine-yards to my TA, and I've been working on my idle. I've gotten the idle pretty much down packed, idle transitions are great, AFR dialed in mostly (still working on the higher rpms in the VE table).
    The only issue I'm having is a bogging problem that I have when I'm steering with no throttle and coasting while idling. I have a 25% UD pulley installed and I have a feeling that it might be part of the problem. Usually when this bogging happens the Battery Voltages will drop down to about 11.5-12 or so. If I'm coming to a stop and don't have to make any steering corrections because of the car pulling to the grooves in the road then it'll idle down great, once i need to make any steering adjustments it wants to stall out until i give it throttle until i'm stopped.
    I have been working with TAQuickness on this and we've gotten it to a good point right now. We have adjusted the Engine speed compensation tables, leanred airflow parameters ect... to try and fix the bogging problem at no avail.
    Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this? I know I could try and install a stock pulley, but I'd rather leave that for the last option possible. I've got the Powerbond 25% UD, so I'm wondering if I could install a overdrive pulley for the alternator, or a overdrive pulley for the powersteering pump if that exsists.
    On another note, when logging at idle, and turning my steering wheel all the way over to one side, the engine will bog really low, and I will notice that my AFR will go so lean up to 21.00 for about 15-20 seconds until it'll suddenly come back up to normal rpm and AFR will be back even with the steering wheel still all the way over. So something is leaning it out and then correcting itself, which maybe part of the stalling problem.

Any Help would be appreciated!!
    Thanks!
    Adrian

ttt???losajdfl;kasjdf

I adjusted my voltage offset table at the lower voltage to add a bit more fuel and i think this helped.

But i am very interested in anything else you find on this. I also have a 25% UDP - i believe my car is capable of idling in the 600s but because of the same problem in gear its an A4 i have it idling at 800rpm to prevent the problem and out of gear its 650rpm - but even there it would be smoother if not for voltage variations down to 12.4V . at 800rpm its a more steady voltage.
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au