Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we get, B9021, injector minimum pulsewidth, for 1mb PCM????

Us poor LS1B folks have been abandoned!
    Wolfie
    LS1B 2007 Express 6.0 /w 470,000+ miles (parked as of 01April2011)

Can someone post up a screen shot of this 'B9021' parameter/table please.
    Wolfie, Windows XP users recently got 'abandoned' by Microsoft too, just progress unfortunately. Or you could argue the LS1B PCM works so well that there is nothing more to do.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Hello Ross,

If memory serves Mick (5.7ute), and perhaps others, found this parameter. It was dubbed "Transient Minimum Pulsewidth" - typically used to reduce the minimum amount of fuel delivered by the injector. The *.cax was written with the parameter as a function of time (milliseconds).

The original work yielded this parameter for 8 OEM 512Kb OS. Recall Mick added 2 more *.cax files that were for 1 Mb OS.

I never really use this parameter, but I recall tracking down the address of the parameter in a few OS - just because.

If you are considering adding this parameter to the ever popular, yet obsolete, LS1-B controllers - I can send you what I have.

This is really Mick's discovery - perhaps he may wish to help out also.

Cheers,
    Taz

See posts #12 and #17 here: need-B9021-for-01250003

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Can someone post up a screen shot of this 'B9021' parameter/table please.
    Wolfie, Windows XP users recently got 'abandoned' by Microsoft too, just progress unfortunately. Or you could argue the LS1B PCM works so well that there is nothing more to do.
    This PCM will never be obsolete!

Just like Windows 98. There's nothing wrong with it and all the updates for years have been to keep up with security issues created by Internet use.

There's still people doing TBI conversions on all makes of engines using a 1227747 ECM of the 1987 era! In the last 2 years the mask and parameters have been completely discovered and has made tuning/dialing in just about anything possible on heavily modified engines. Highway Lean Cruise also works great!

There's also been, finally, some great work on very important yet basic parameters needed to tune modified LT1 engines of the 94-95 ERA! Before these were found the only way to tune modified LT1 was with tricks and then take what you got. Data was still off but it ran well enough to drive.

Wolfie. If you need the B9021 cax file for an OS that has not been defined in the posts that Joe linked to, let me know & I will have a look. Finding this parameter is not easy & can take quite a bit of time. Hence why I have only defined it where there has been a genuine need.
    Taz, if you have the parameter address for other OS's, could you send me through what you have & I will add to the list.
    Cheers Mick.
    The Tremor at AIR

Thanks Mick, I don't need this. I was just making a general comment that we have been abandoned.
    There have been a few items that were asked for concerning the LS1B, but not ever looked at.
    The last item I needed was helped by Taz.
    Wolfie
    LS1B 2007 Express 6.0 /w 470,000+ miles (parked as of 01April2011)

Thanks to those who contacted us regarding this parameter, consider it done

Wolfie, the thing that I hope you can at least appreciate is that what is in the software for LS1 tuning appears to cover 99% of the tuners needs, we focus our R&D in directions dictated by customer demand. Whilst I am not suggesting the LS1 PCM is dead and buried, there is little noise made on enhancing this PCM further compared to the newer controllers (both gas and Diesel).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

For 12212156 and 12202088 also...? Thanks

All LS1 OS's will be done, unfortunately that also means we have to double check all those OS's again incase something gets messed up in the calz generation (kind of why I wanted to avoid touching them again).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12