Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: auto cal capacity?

Default auto cal capacity?

Just a simple question maybe somebody can help me with.I am wondering if the auto cal will hold all my tunes? The original ECM cal is 3mb and the original TCM cal is 2mb.The tuner has been sent those.Now when he sends the 2 of them back retuned.Are all 4 going to fit on the auto cal?.Plus if 4 tunes are on the auto cal is there any space for data logging? I am under the impression it only holds 6mb total.Thanks for any help

The available storage on AutoCal is around the 6MB mark, so it will not be possible to have 2 copies of both an ECM and TCM calibration on the device at one time. You will need to use EFILive Explorer to copy content to/from your PC and the device depending on what tune you wish to implement.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Thanks i just tuned the car it is a turbo chevy cruze.I was able to fit all the tunes on it and there is 5.But i see now how it works.It does not have to put in the whole program it just rewrites needed areas in the original program in the ecm or tcm.So 5 tunes takes up very little.The auto cal is a nice piece job well done efilive !

I imagine this has been asked before, but is it not possible to increase the partition size or look at the ability to include SDCard external memory for future revisions?

Is the 5mb partition size specific to tunes only or is that general partition also used for data logging?
    Tony - 09 LMM

It would require design, manufacturing, firmware development changes to be made to implement a larger flash filesystem or SD card provision in the device. The available filesystem space is used for both storing calibrations and logged data. The AutoCal was never intended to house a library of tunes, rather one or two for a tuners individual customer vehicle. If you want to retain significant calibrations on a device permanently then FlashScan V2 is the solution for that requirement right now.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Well that make great sense to me !

If i sent someone a data log could they tell me what my car is makeing for hp and tq

Quote Originally Posted by ranvette View Post
    If i sent someone a data log could they tell me what my car is makeing for hp and tq
    What is your 1/4 mile ET/TS and what is the car weight...?

Post logs if you want.

Log the pid CALC.POWER_RW while accelerating up (positive) in a single gear and again while coating down in neutral (negative) over the same stretch of road under the same conditions, and then using a spreadsheet subtract the second (negative) from the first (positive) at corresponding rpm/mph values... if you did it right this will give you an estimate of the flywheel power curve.
    Last edited by joecar; January 9th, 2013 at 03:59 AM.

Here are 2 logs ! one has some cruseing and there is 2 full throttle runs
    Attached Files Attached Files

ranvatte,

sorry I must have missed your reply...

what is the weight of your vehicle...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast