Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E39 lfx kr

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Awesome, a 3L or 3.2L twin turbo SIDI V6? Sounds great to me!
    I am of the old school that says a Corvette should have a V8 or stop making it!, but there is some other applications that the LF3 (TT 3.0L SIDI) would go really well in. The 3.0L delivers in highway fuel economy but is dismal around town due to the lack of low end torque, the turbo's would cure that issue. But then, the dilemma (for GM) is the GenV SIDI's are probably going to be even better on fuel economy so they'll make the power and torque we like with the V8's and get large V6 fuel economy too. The problem then is cost, how much is an LF3 v's a GenV going to cost them to make? Probably double, but for GM selling a Twin Turbo direct injection DOHC Cadillac in Europe is going to look better on paper for the European market than a pushrod V8.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default E39 lfx kr

The LF3 is going in the 2014 Cadillac ATS-V

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
    3.6 sidi tt.... dont know what vehicles yet though. I believe mid size suv applications at first though, but I could be wrong.
    Even better, bigger displacement!

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I am of the old school that says a Corvette should have a V8 or stop making it!, but there is some other applications that the LF3 (TT 3.0L SIDI) would go really well in. The 3.0L delivers in highway fuel economy but is dismal around town due to the lack of low end torque, the turbo's would cure that issue. But then, the dilemma (for GM) is the GenV SIDI's are probably going to be even better on fuel economy so they'll make the power and torque we like with the V8's and get large V6 fuel economy too. The problem then is cost, how much is an LF3 v's a GenV going to cost them to make? Probably double, but for GM selling a Twin Turbo direct injection DOHC Cadillac in Europe is going to look better on paper for the European market than a pushrod V8.
    Me to, the Vette's only been a V8 (except for 53-55 per wikipedia so who knows) and it should stay that way. If you want fuel economy, why the heck are you looking at a Vette? And again, if you can afford a Vette, why are you worried about 1-2mpg?

Quote Originally Posted by VTuner View Post
    The LF3 is going in the 2014 Cadillac ATS-V
    Crap, I wanted a V8. :( I was hoping LSA, but I didnt think GM would want the ATS to be faster than its big brother CTS-V with the same engine. TT DI V6 will work too I guess...lol.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gmpx View Post
    for what cars? Initially they had considered it for the corvette i believe.
    GRAND. NATIONAL.

The first Corvette was a 6 cylinder. And most of the newer ones get close to 30 mpg on the highway.

That being said, I think the 3.6TT should go in the Spark and Sonic
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    GRAND. NATIONAL.

The first Corvette was a 6 cylinder. And most of the newer ones get close to 30 mpg on the highway.

That being said, I think the 3.6TT should go in the Spark and Sonic
    Thought I would jump in here after watching from afar. First of all, a Spark with a 3.6TT would be good competition for a Juke-R for sure.

The car Rhino79 has been tuning is mine. It has been a fun project and it runs/drives like it came from the factory with the turbos. Our first outing at the track we pulled down a 9.53 at 111 MPH in the 1000'. There's a little bit more tweaking to do and this thing has a good shot at breaking into the 10s with slicks and skinnies.

Thanks everyone on this forum for your help and support. I'll try to keep you updated on the progress.

Good ET... I thought TS was low, but then I saw 1000' (short track)... so very good ET/TS good job

Its trapping 97-98 in the 1/8th! It runs really good.
    Head Calibrator
    Gwatney Performance Innovation
    Jacksonville, AR 501-982-2102

Default Re: E39 lfx kr

Here's the time slip. Going to try the new tune out this weekend, but can't get back to the track until March.

Nice! Looks almost identical to my old '95 Rx-7 R2 slips, and that thing was fully built!

About the E39 KR, would you guys mind taking a peep at this? I am trying to get it to run a tick faster than 9.2 in the 1/8 and I have 7 degrees reported KR, none audible though and pulls smooth.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234