Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tuning idle

cool ill check that out now. what pids do i always want to log? also how do i read injector duty cycle, what pid? When im logging my maf, spark, injector duty cycle, long term fuel trim and fuel status gauges never read anything ive tried different pids but i guess i never got the right ones, so which ones will clear that up? thanks for all your help.

Default pid selection should cover most of your questions.
    Have you tried it? Look at all of the scan tool tabs and display buttons, there is a good selection of default stuff
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

yeah i tried that first and most of them werent working, so i made my own default list yesterday and if i remember correctly i got all to work except for the injector duty cycle, thats all im missing at the moment i believe.

is it worth it to autotune using LTFT to get me by until i get my wideband installed? Ive read that you can but i dont remember where the directions were, ill search for it.

Unless you just want the practice, I would hold off until you get the WB

To get the injector duty cycle pids (CALC.INJDC1 or CALC.INJDC2) to work, you have to select the injector base pulse width pids (GM.IBPW1 or GM.IBPW2) and the rpm pid (SAE.RPM).

On the PID's tab, highlight INJDC1 and do right click->More Info to see what's required.

lol thanks Joecar i just figured that out right before you posted that. I appreciate all your help guys. Hopefully ill get my wideband installed soon b/c my car feels pretty good other then idle but its not really any faster that i can tell. I sure hope that a good tune will make a world of a difference.

The way I tend to look at tuning VEs for cammed LS1s is basically follow the power curve of the new cam vs old (stock LS1) on an overlayed graph.

Generally, the power curve of the stock LS1 cam comes on earlier than the aftermarket cam (which is usually more aggressive). The two curves meet at roughly a 1600-2000rpm intercept (overlayed graph) and it is below this point where VEs of the aftermarket cam should be less than that of the stock cam, if it is to idle correctly.

Generally, the stock VE table is too rich at around idle (i.e. < 1600rpm) for aftermarket cams which leads to stalling, surging and general driveability issues.

ok guys when i go to start the car, if i dont give it gas it will start right up but then imediately die. I have to start it up and feather the gas to get it to stay running, i have to play with the gas for at least 20 seconds or so to get it to be able to idle by itself, what table do i need to look at for that

b4343 possibly? what should i do to it if so

or could this be helped by the iac park position
    Last edited by BACKinBLACK; March 13th, 2006 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKinBLACK
    ok guys when i go to start the car, if i dont give it gas it will start right up but then imediately die. I have to start it up and feather the gas to get it to stay running, i have to play with the gas for at least 20 seconds or so to get it to be able to idle by itself, what table do i need to look at for that

b4343 possibly? what should i do to it if so

or could this be helped by the iac park position
    Are you running Closed or Open Loop?

If running closed loop, you need to recalibrate your VEs {B0101}:

In the VE table, try subtracting:
    20% from your 0-400 rpm row.
    15% from your 0-800 rpm row.
    10% from your 0-1200 rpm row.

See how you go after firing up on cold startup. If it still stalls after driving off then you might need to increase your IAC settings. Drilling a hole in the TB might help.

Before you drill, Turn the set screw on the TB about 3/4 of a turn. Disconnect the TPS, turn on the key for 5 seconds (don't start) turn off the key, connect the TPS and give it a try.

This will give you the increased air and NOT put a hole in the TB that you can't claim a "mulligan" and go back and fix.

E
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast