Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vortec Calc VET Auto Tune, Final Answer!

My comments in red ink:

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post

With that do the degrees F and C need to be defined in calc_pids file?
    Code:
     *UNITS

#Code     System     Abbr     Description
    #-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------
    None      None       ""       "No units"
    K         Metric     K        "Degrees Kelvin"
    R         Imperial   R        "Degrees Rankine"
    No, F and C are already predefined.

Some of the Calcs are in VE%? I need VE is in g*K/kPa. So does this need other PIDS or can it be converted?
    Code:
    CALC.VEN                   F300 CLC-00-300   "%,VE"           Tuning           "Calculated VE, not corrected"
    CALC.VET                   F305 CLC-00-305   "%,VE"           Tuning           "Calculated VE, BEN corrected"
    "%,VE" indicates it has two units, % and VE, where VE is predefined as g* K/kPa.

Then there is this issue? This PCM does not have GM.EQIVRATIO, is there another way like the Dynamic air to blend of IAT and ECT with lookup?
    Code:
     *CLC-00-032
    factor             0             4         .0  "{GM.EQIVRATIO}=1"

*CLC-00-110
    factor             0.5           1.5       .4  "{GM.EQIVRATIO}*{EXT.WO2LAM1}"
    Change the quoted part to read like this "{EXT.WO2AFR1}/{GM.AFR_B}"

Hmmm... a lookup would work for OL if it considers any/all tables which could be active (PE, OLFA, COTP, PPM, EPM) including any modifier tables... that might be beyond the ability of lookup; I'm not sure how it would work for CL.

I loaded a butt load of possible PIDs to validate and checked for data on ones that did not validate, here's an idea of what I have to work with. SOme show as valid but still do not put out proper data because of conversions or lack of other PIDs needed.

On any calc pid that has a red X, do rightclick->More Info to see what other pid is blocking it.

Any non-calc pids that have a red X are not valid for this PCM/OS or have not been validated (Info->Validate Pids).
    . . .
    Last edited by joecar; January 10th, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Woo Hoo! Couple down..

That picture is validated.

Just checked again by right click then More Info and all of the non validated PIDS, all GM.xxx don't work for More info.

I have been doing this procedure and finding what is missing, but without More Info, don't know what to look for on what's left. None are for this PCM, but were included in tutorials so I chose them as reference.
    Last edited by EagleMark; January 10th, 2013 at 04:06 PM.

Now with this change should *CLC-00-032 {GM.EQIVRATIO} also be changed to {EXT.WO2AFR1} ?

Code:
     *CLC-00-032

*CLC-00-110
    factor             0.5           1.5       .4  "{EXT.WO2AFR1}/{GM.AFR_B}"

Now with this change should *CLC-00-032 {GM.EQIVRATIO} also be changed to {EXT.WO2AFR1} ?

Code:
     *CLC-00-032

*CLC-00-110
    factor             0.5           1.5       .4  "{EXT.WO2AFR1}/{GM.AFR_B}"
    Ah, yes, of course...

CLC-00-032 will have to read like "{GM.AFR_B}=14.63" or whatever value B3601 is set to.

OK, so I am catching on, well close?

All the reading I have done it says do this, here's the calc_pids ... I've never seen the flow of how each PID works with another...

Is there any coralation between the *CLC number and PID it's attached to? I'm wonering if I should have new *CLC numbers that are unique?

OK, so I am catching on, well close?

All the reading I have done it says do this, here's the calc_pids ... I've never seen the flow of how each PID works with another...

Is there any coralation between the *CLC number and PID it's attached to? I'm wonering if I should have new *CLC numbers that are unique?
    Each pid defined in the PRN section links the pid name (e.g. CALC.CL) to the CLC, for example:
    Code:
    CALC.CL                    F032 CLC-00-032   factor           Tuning           "Closed Loop (based on EQIVRATIO)"
    And I'm told that the pids are evaluated in PRN numerical order (e.g. F032) or in CLC numerical order... (I don't remember which of the two).

So if a calc pid references other calc pids, those other calc pids must be fully defined at lower PRN/CLC numbers...

the easiest way to manage this is to order the PRN/CLC numerical order and the pid order from top to bottom.

Coming together Joe, I'm starting to understand how the calc_pid file works!

Looks like VE fuel is done.

Now on MAF, I don't have available GM.VETABLE_DMA or GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA nor do I understand what the value is? I do have an Air Flow Mass, Map of course and lots of other options in earlier photo. How can they be used to take place of GM.VETABLE_DMA or GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA ?
    Code:
     *CLC-00-310
    gps                0.0         400.0       .1  "{GM.VETABLE_DMA.VE}/{CALC.DAT.K}*{SAE.MAP.kPa}*{SAE.RPM}/15"

*CLC-00-315
    gps                0.0         400.0       .1  "{CALC.SELBEN}*{CALC.MAFN.gps}"

*CLC-00-430
    VE                 0.0           4.0       .4  "{GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA}*{CALC.DAT.K}/{SAE.MAP.kPa}"

*CLC-00-435
    gcyl               0.0           1.0       .4  "{GM.VETABLE_DMA.VE}/{CALC.DAT.K}*{SAE.MAP.kPa}"

Coming together Joe, I'm starting to understand how the calc_pid file works!

Looks like VE fuel is done.

Now on MAF, I don't have available GM.VETABLE_DMA or GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA nor do I understand what the value is? I do have an Air Flow Mass, Map of course and lots of other options in earlier photo. How can they be used to take place of GM.VETABLE_DMA or GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA ?
    Code:
     *CLC-00-310
    gps                0.0         400.0       .1  "{GM.VETABLE_DMA.VE}/{CALC.DAT.K}*{SAE.MAP.kPa}*{SAE.RPM}/15"

*CLC-00-315
    gps                0.0         400.0       .1  "{CALC.SELBEN}*{CALC.MAFN.gps}"

*CLC-00-430
    VE                 0.0           4.0       .4  "{GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA}*{CALC.DAT.K}/{SAE.MAP.kPa}"

*CLC-00-435
    gcyl               0.0           1.0       .4  "{GM.VETABLE_DMA.VE}/{CALC.DAT.K}*{SAE.MAP.kPa}"
    Only a few PCM/OS have the GM.VETABLE_DMA pid defined...

for the others, it would take a 2-dimensional lookup... I've never done this, but it involves N+1 lookups.

So far you did Calc.VET (which BEN-corrects MAF and calculates VE from it), is this so...?

You could now BEN correct the VE (same as AutoVE).

I think that is where this thread was going?
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....8-and-calv-vet

But that is actually a dead end as well, there is no B4901 table in the 98-00 Vortec. I don't know if it is there or just not added by EFI Live.

There are other things missing as well that I know are there like
    CL enable Temp
    O2 Switch Points actually there is not even an O2 folder.

Commanded AFR (proper)
    Transmission diagnostics folder, to disable full pressure without MAF
    several more...

Hoping EFI Live could step up if I got this done!

I do have "BEN from Serial WB" "BEN from LTFT" "BEN selected from WB or LTFT" all working!

Any other direction for MAF?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast