Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CALC.PIDs

I was afriad this was going to turn into a bitch thread and glad to see all the positive attitude toward future. Explination of why tutorials get outdated. Also info on history and why, makes me feel this is still a good investment in money, but more importantly TIME! V8 seems like a cure all so things can be done once and for all. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    To do any tuning, following a tutorial is not sufficient... a person needs to understand the underlying principals... the tutorials are out-of-date and inaccurate, but by learning to understand the underlying principals (talked about in the threads I mentioned) tuning can be done with good success in spite of any tutorial; this does require a lot of reading because there are many concepts and and components and subsystems involved.
    This could be the answer! As someone new approaches this endever they jump in and read tutorials and find frustration, because of all improvements mentioned and then tweaking of the tutorial and no understanding, running blindly to follow tutorial which has no mention of what the calculations are doing.

The cure may be a tutorial on how these calculations for recorded data, WB, settings in definition are used together. One tutorial that condenses actual settings without having to read through endless pages of how they developed! This would be a crib sheet to always look back on to see exactly how the tutorials are putting things together to come up with adjustments! Then they could be understood when working in other vehicles that tutorial was not designed as well. When people learn how, they could understand and develope new.

I'm still working on perfecting the fueling end. But have always wanted to use the same methods to spark and lean cruise!

Log_0005CALVE.efiRobin 8.21_0001REFLASH.tunOK I'm back did a long log tried to put it in by Tutoral but filter said CALC.VET Reference unselected PID .I moded the tables anyway and reflashed . The truck ran much better . I did another log towing a loaded trailer will post that and the tun in the truck now. I looked at the PID list they are all there whats up with the filters? Also do I need both Dynamic Air Temps (GM.DYNAIR) and(CALC.DAT) it has me at 25 PIDs.

Post a pic of the filter complaining about the unselected pid...

which pid was not selected...?

( if it was a calculated pid, did you know you can goto the PIDs tab and select it, and then go File->Save->Save Log File and that pid will now be remembered by the log file )

Your pid channel count (displayed at bottom of PID tab) is 25...

you don't need GM.CYLAIR_DMA so you can delete it

( you need GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA and CALC.DAT )

Without applying the transient filter, you're applying non-steady-state correction to the MAF and you're calculating VE base on non-steady-state MAF...

while it might seem to produce ok results, it really doesn't;

the filter is important.

HOW DO I DO THAT.I tryed the save thing it will not save I guess it has to be with that log when recorded. I looked I don't see a pid missing. I guess I have to do another log that suck I had a loaded trailer for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post a pic of the filter complaining about the unselected pid...

which pid was not selected...?

( if it was a calculated pid, did you know you can goto the PIDs tab and select it, and then go File->Save->Save Log File and that pid will now be remembered by the log file )

OK what the F does that mean?????
    Quote Originally Posted by nam99999x View Post
    ? bÃ*i nÃ*y mình dã d?c ? dâu dó. Thank you

Got the filters working now Its log time !!!

Quote Originally Posted by COONDOG96 View Post
    OK what the F does that mean?????
    Some spam got thru.

Ok got it working did a cople of logs and tune seems to be much better. here is a log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast