Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scan Tool Error

Default Scan Tool Error

Today when i tried connecting to my 2002 chevy silverado 5.3l I kept getting an error. I know before in the past i have been able to log on this vehicle but today i kept the error attached. Scan tool was showing i was connected, but it didn't seem like it was. Then when I clicked on the yellow button to start monitoring this is when the error was generated. So what is going on and how to I fix this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: txt 1.txt (124.5 KB, 294 views)

gpr, thanks, I forwarded the error report to Paul.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Its a problem caused by the FlashScan firmware misinterpreting the A/D input values when no A/D voltage is applied. It will be fixed in the next software/firmware update.

Using one of the orange A/D connectors, try making a loopback connection to AD1 that simply connects both pins of the AD1 input together. That will hopefully pull the AD input signal down low enough to prevent it interfering with the data logging.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V2_AD_fix1.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	13991
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V2_AD_fix.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	13992
    Before asking for help, please read this.

So would he see this because he has the analog pids automatically selected...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    So would he see this because he has the analog pids automatically selected...?
    That would probably solve the problem as well.
    Regards
    Paul

gpr,

if you're not using the analog interface, start V8 S&T, goto F6: Devices, goto F6: Logging, and uncheck Automatically select ALL external analog pids;

then Save to file (Settings.dat) and Program to V2.

I will give that a try and turn off the analog interface. How come I get this error on the pickup, but when I plug it into my 2002 camaro I don't have any problems? It is same pcm.

I know I have updated software and firm ware on the v2 since I last tried to log data on this pickup.

Thanks for the quick responses and help!

The error occurs (or does not occur) based on the voltage that the FlashScan firmware detects on the A/D input. If nothing is connected then that value can fluctuate based on the general electrical conditions in the vehicle and or in FlashScan. I presume that can be different for different vehicles. Adding the loop back connection should stop that value from fluctuating randomly. Or as Joe suggested not logging those values may prevent the firmware and/or software from attempting to process the fluctuating values.

The problem is not really that the A/D voltages fluctuate when nothing is connected, its that the firmware and software are processing the A/D data incorrectly and a side effect of not having anything connected causes the firmware/software to process the data incorrectly. That will be fixed in the next update.

Reagrds
    Paul

I went into the settings on the v8 S&T but all check marks were already unselected, so i programmed the v2 anyway. It fixed the problem. Thanks for the help guys.

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Please see this thread.
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20725-Scan-Tool-Error

Because you are using the analog/external PIDs and deselecting them is not an option, you will need to create a loopback link for AD1 to force the A/D counts for AD1 to be zero.
    Then you'll need to hook up the wideband to AD2, and use the AD2 PIDs for wideband logging.

It is fixed in the next update. That update was due out earlier this week but some last minute problems appeared in final testing and they are still being fixed.
    It may be another week before it is ready.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast