Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need info on 411 pcm for 6.0l swap into 98 silverado

Default need info on 411 pcm for 6.0l swap into 98 silverado

Hi eric here , have not posted here in a long while . Been away from efilive for a while and getting back into it .Wish i new alot more about this great product but i will get there.

My question is that i am swapping in a 6.0l in a friends 98 silverado instead of his tired l31 and we will keep his 4l60e with a 0411 or 09354896 2000 pcm and both are 512Kb so both could work with my plan.

I have found 2 tunes that are both from a silverado 2002 with the 0411, one is a 5.3 with 4l60e and the other is a 6.0l with a 4l80e and both operating systems are 12212156.

I am not sure about using the 6.0l tune and doing a segment swap on the tranny stuff so i can also full flash the 5.3l tune and use all the important stuff from the 6.0l tune or is the other way with segment swap easier.

My original question is that i want to know if both of these tunes from the 5.3 and 6.0 have the drive by wire that i do not want . Would their 12212156 os tell us this , is drive by wire specific to os . I believe this is the same os as a 2002 camaro or 2002 van with a l31 which was probably not DBW .

I believe most pickups became DBW in 2003 but really not sure .

The only mod to the 6.0l is a gm hot cam with springs and pushrods so i can deal with that once everything is up and running.

Please if anyone can clear this up for me i would be very greatful. Oh by the way Joe how are you doing . I dont know if you remember me but you were the one that shot me all that info a while back about upgrading my v2 , just wanted to say hi . Eric

Lifetime Member

I would use the 6.0L tune. If that tune isn't for the trans that the truck has, then do the trans segment swap. To check a tune to see if it is DBW or DBC, Open the tune>Open the "System" tab>Open the "Vehicle Platform" folder>Open the "Vehicle Platform Options" and the Throttle Body type will be listed there. Also, I have been told NOT to alter the YES or NO in this matrix list. If you need a DBC tune then find and use a DBC tune-----Don't change the Yes to NO or Vice/Versa.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Thanks alot for the info Jeff. So i will check in the Vehicle Platform Options to see if they are DBW or DBC and if they are DBW i willl find a DBC tune and start from there. Is a segment swap very straight foward because i have no idea.
    Did you get my private message i sent you a few days ago because i may have screwed up on sending it , it was concerning all of this and some more. What about his passlock system in the 98 silvrado, i imagine that is all controled by the body controle modual or should we disable it before doing all this. Thank you Jeff. Eric

Lifetime Member

I did get your PM the other day (Sunday) and sent you a BIG e-mail. You should have gotten it. Recheck your e-mail and possibly spam and see if it is in there.
    The segment swap is VERY easy. It can be done in about 15 seconds. Try it on your own and if you don't get the hang of it---Let me know.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

I will check and see my email again. I will try all the segment stuff and if i have any trouble i will let you know . I would guess that the opposite is true meaning i could use the 5.3 tune with the 4l60e and segment swap the engine part of the 6.0l tune. As you know with the pm i sent i have a 2000 silverado 4x4 and i did work alot on the tranny tune , it is not the same OS as the 2002 OS so there must be another way i can swap just my tables i modified for the tranny to my friends tune. Oh is the 0411 pcm better than my 2000 pcm because if it is i will keep that one and use my spare 2000 pcm for his swap. Thank you very much Jeff , it is really nice to have guys like you on here. Eric

Hi Jeff just got back from work and i went back and found your messages you sent me on sunday , sorry my mistake because they were automatically sent to junk in my email and i forgot to look there. Very nice info you set up there. I am going to have to use the ls harness because my friend kind of trashed his original one when he took the motor out, i guess he figured he would never need it because he cut off all the sensors wires to take out the motor and thank god i called him today because he would have ripped it all out to the fire wall . He is the type of guy when not sure does it anyways . I will try all that segment stuff tomorrow morning. So with the info you supplied i can cross reference and be able to adapt the ls harness to all that needs to be connected in the truck . I knew about the tach signal input having to be modified in efilive to work but i am surprised that the feul gauge will not work . How do you get around that . What causes it not to work . I am going to take a look at the info you sent.Thank you very much Jeff. Eric

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I knew about the tach signal input having to be modified in EFILive to work but I am surprised that the fuel gauge will not work . How do you get around that . What causes it not to work.
    It is a parameter that (As far as I know) is only editable with Tunercats. AJ (Caleditor) located it in the code and John (Tunercat) added the parameter to the software.

Jeff

I here you on the feul gauge stuff. So C2 pin 54 recieves the signal from the tank sensor but what sends the signal to the actual gauge in the dash because i cannot see any pin out for that on the pcm . It must convert all this in the pcm and send it to the cluster in serial form , is this correct Jeff. If this is correct it must be the signal from the tank that is not compatible with the pcm and you modify the input for fuel sensor signal with tunercat or is the old cluster just not compatible with the pcm. Oh now that we are on feul , do you think his original feul pump will be srtong enuf or should we add an inline to keep pressure high because we are using stock injectors with the hot cam in the 6.0l and we are using the stock intake with stock feul pressure regulator on it. Thank you very much Jeff. eric oh when i get home this afternoon i am going to try all the segment stuff

Lifetime Member

The Fuel gauge receives a PWM signal from the PCM. So, the signal from the PCM to the Gauge is what is altered. His stock fuel setup should be fine.

Jeff

Ok i understand about the feul gauge . I wonder if i can feed an autometer gauge with the wire from the sender that goes to the pcm on pin 54 of C2. Is that a 0 to 5 v signal coming from that wire . It would have to be an electrical feul gauge , not sure if that would work or be scaled right. I have yet to do all the segment stuff Jeff because i have some work to do here at the house today . Thank you Jeff. Eric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast